cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Segment" field when invoice posting (FB60, FB70)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We use Segment reporting so we need report balance sheet and income statement on each segment. But when I post invoices through t.codes FB60 (F-43) or FB70 (F-22) I can't enter Segment information for vendor or customer item under tab "Details" in t.code FB60 or FB70, because it is missing. So please help me, how to add this field and make it available in t.codes FB60 (F-43) or FB70 (F-22)?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

why would you expect it in the details tab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then where I should expect it? It is no matter where to have it, I need just to have it anywhere and assign vendor or customer item to it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I mentioned before the Segment should be posted to the P&L account which should be possible in the standard view.

Where you assign the GL account, you can add the Segment on that line, and any split of posting to the Customer or Vendor will occur in document splitting.

In terms of OB41, there is an option in addiotnal account assignments on the second screen, so page down, there is the option for the Segment. This is ONLY for the GL posting. Try making this Mandatory in PK 31 or PK 01. (make sure you have a default value set up for Segment in config!!!)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mark, it was splitting issue. My understanding about document splitting was wrong. I just thought that purpose of this functionality is completely different than actually is. I configured document splitting and now everything is working fine and I see all assignements in Document Ledger View.

Thank you again (points were awarded).

Former Member
0 Kudos

we need to make validation for fb60 and fb70 for segment field

thanks

raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

I need some documents regarding document split. and segment reports.

My client Requirement is:

1) They want segment reports

2) Vendor wants to be update in Profit center

pls suggest what i hv to for that

here configuration did Profit Centers as segment

if we got report with PCA wise then problem wl solve

can u suggest.

pls send some document to my mail id: vint.sap@gmail.com

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

evn i want to knw the tocde or any other path to view Segment report

pls help

thank you.

Kanchan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to change the settings in field status of posting key 31 for vendor goto OB41 TCode select posting key 31 in field status goto Addl account assignments make segment is required field.

Assign points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using document splitting, then normally the Segment is derived from the P&L posting.

This is assuming that all PC's have a Segment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No we are not using document splitting. I tried to derive a Segment using derivation or substitution rules from various source fields, but system is not deriving, I see empty “Segment” field on vendor or customer item when look to posted Document. Other line items of same document are ok and have “Segment” assignment. So I suppose that some configuration is needed, because I can’t see “Segment” field in vendor/customer item subscreens when I post invoice.

I have configured FSV for my reconciliation accounts and I have “Segment” field as required, moreover I have configured PK 31 and I have “Segment” as required too. But system does not give me an error message that not all required fields are filled in. So system ignores this field on reconciliation accounts at all.

Please help me, how to make this field available on vendor or customer items?!