cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Designer for BCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

we can copy info cube from bussiness Content. Can we copy the query designer from Buss.content too?? If it can, How and where is it?

Thanks for your information.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, you cannot copy query designer from business content. It is installed with SAP GUI. You just need to reinstall the GUI and check the appropriate options before instalation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

You Miss understanding my question, I meant not the "Software" of the Query Designer (which is included in Bex) but the query for the report. For example, If I need to create report consolidation by Partner unit, then I need to create the query first. This is what i meant with "query".

Hope i explain my question clearly.

Thanks for replying.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uh, I see...

If you installed the SAP delivery example, or have the totals cube identical to that contained in example then yes. Otherwise the query might be incompatible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i install the SAP delivery example in order to get the query example?

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to follow instructions contained in OSS Notes:

736226 - for SEM-BCS 4.0 or

859893 - for SEM-BCS 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eugene,

i have read 859893.

it seems more like install "bcs customizing" example than install query which is used for reporting.

do i miss something?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep,

Query itself, without underlying infoprovider (infocube), is nothing. SAP delivered queries are tied to the SAP delivered cubes (examples).

But, yes, there is another way. You may install some std BCS cubes and queries based on them. For this you may go to RSA1, then to business content activation (or directly to RSORBCT directly).

Choose type of objects, then Query (or query elements), position to SEM -> Consolidation, select the cube you want and appropriate queries.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you

Answers (0)