cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Transfer related issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have some files (.xml) in one of our Unix server and the document namespace is

"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>

<!DOCTYPE e-con-pay SYSTEM "econE2B.dtd">, which i need to transfer thru XI.

"

I need to transfer thru XI to system XXX.

My doubts are:

1) Do I need to follow any special procedure to pick file from the unix server or the same as like our normal file scenario

2) I need to create my data structures, can I go ahead wtih the normal structure or shld i need to create .DTD and import it into XI.

Plz do send me ur valuable inputs.

Warm Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Is the server FTP enabled. This helps in using file adapter for the ftp protocol

2. You can create ur data strucutres in IR itself. U also have he priviledge to import the xsd defintion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

Thanks for the prompt response.

1) i hv those files on the application server of SAP system

2) my source file document name space is "<!DOCTYPE e-billing-payable SYSTEM "ebillingE2B.dtd">"

Regards

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>1) i hv those files on the application server of SAP system</b>

is it the application server of ur R3 system? From there u want to read the file and tracfer to XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, Prabhu, my sender file is located at SAP R/3, which XI has to pick and transfer to XXX system.

How do I?

regards

Message was edited by:

Asha Jyothi

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if ur sender file is in R3 y do u wanna to have file adapter. better write a report that would read the data from the application server and using client proxies u can send the data to xi. What is ur destination system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prabhu,

Can you plz guide me how do I go abt it? as I am new to proxies.

Regards

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

client proxies - in the report program using read stmt u can access th file and pass to the method for tgriggering the interface

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See this

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any sample program available for better idea, if so, plz do sen me.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per that blog, the file is on XI system of another client, where as my file is on SAP ECC system, still the same procedure? or anything else?

regards

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

to read the file located in ur R3 make use of open dataset command. follow this link:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/c9/b03376aa0811d1852400000000e8e8/frameset.htm

or type open in ur abap editor and press F1 for help

also follow th blog for passing the data to xi via proxies.