Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Mapping error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm working with MDM 5.5 SP4.

I've created a repository (in the MDM Console) with the option <i>Key Mapping = Yes</i>. Then I import data from 2 client systems (CRM & ERP)successfully.

However after data consolidation, the option edit key mapping (in MDM data manager) is not available?

What is wrong? Any idea?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Have you mapped the remote key in your main table while importing the data in the IM ? For example, if you are working with the customer scenario - map the incoming source customer number from your CRM system to the remote key field in the destination. Make a clone of the custoemr field & then map it to the custoemr field present in the destination.

Similarly follow the same process while importing the data from you ERP/other system. Now if you right click on a record in the DM you will have the key mapping.

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anita,

I can't see the remote key field in the Destination fields column in IM. What could be the reason?

(P.D. I am working only with Products table without lookup tables, taxonomies... etc, in a very simple scenario)

Thanks in advance,

Marta.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marta,

where did you set the "Key Mapping = yes"? This must be done on table level, not on repository level. You have to define this setting for each table independently. In addition, how did you define your remote systems? To enable the key mapping they have to be defined as type "Import/Export".

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved..

yes, that’s right, I had set the Key Mapping = yes in repository level not in main table level.

On the other hand, clients systems were defined only as "Import" type. Now, the remote key option is available and I can clone the source field and map it to the remote key field.

Thanks a lot,

Marta.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marta,

If you have enabled the key mapping to yes it should show you a field in the destination structure in Import manager as <REMOTE KEY>.

If you are unable to see this field it could be possible that you have not enabled to key mapping properly for the right table.

In the repository level search for the table you want to enable key mapping eg:Product table in its properties tab make key mapping yes.

do proper mapping in import manager then in Data manger you should be able to view key mapping under record mode.

Thanks

Simona