Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table with a scrollbar

aayush_dubey3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have about 35 columns in my table. I need a table view with a scrollbar. How can i do this?

Regards,

Aayush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

Thanks for the correction. Related to specifying the height & width of any UI element, I had always wanted to ask this - why is that specifying the height in percentage doesn't work? Don't you think this is a major drawback as it forces us to build our applications specific to a resolution?

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Questions Nibu - How about posting it as a new topic? I had same in my mind.

Valery, what is em?

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nibu,

This is a limitation of current browsers' rendering. Neither IE nor Mozilla/Firefox is able to correctly display following CSS combo:

{
  height: 100%;
  overflow: scroll;
}

In plain DHTML applications the workarounds are:

1. Track window resize events and re-assign absolute height for scrollable containers (all modern JavaScript-enabled browsers)

2. Assign height like JavaScript expression with the same logic as above (IE only)

I agree that this is a serious drawback, but definitely WD cannot solve this issue.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com/

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_units.asp

I'm not sure whether it is possible to set heigth of IWDScrollCotainer using "em" from designer (it's possible from code).

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a scrollable table using the ScrollContainer UI element by the following steps:

1) set the 'visibleRowCount' of the table as '-1'.

2) set the 'scrollingMode' of the ScrollContainer as 'auto'.

3) set the height and width of the container as some fixed value. So when the table area becomes more than the space specified, the scroll bar will automatically appear.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi and Arno Nibu,

I guess Ayush is talking about the horizontal scroll bar as he has large number of columns. So, no need to do anything releted to row count and rowvisibility.

Hi Ayush,

You can put your table in scroll container and set this container's size to some fix values. And set scrolling mode to "AUTO".

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nibu,

Hurray this works !!! 10 points for you. Thank you very much for your advice.

Hello Bhavik,

I thought I could try the solution for vertical scrollbar as well! So, I did.

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nibu,

Small correction -- only heigth must be fixed (px, em), width may be defined in percents.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aayush,

If you don't like the default page up/down buttons,

you can put your table into a scroll container.

Don't forget to disable the page up/down buttons (make 'footer visible' to false).

regards,

Arno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arno,

I tried the solution you mentioned in 2 different ways and it did not work for me :-(. Below is what I did:

1. I put the table in the scroll container

1st Method:

1. The properties of scroll container - no changes made

2. The "footervisible" property of the table - set it to false. and the "visiblerowcount" is 5

The result:

After 5 records you see the default page up/down buttons and ofcourse no scroll in the container.

2nd Method:

1. "Scrollingmode" property of the scroll container set it to auto

2. The "footervisible" property of the table - set it to false. and the "visiblerowcount" is 5

The result:

no table seen!!!!

Hope you can help.

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dharmi,

Nibu was right you also need to set the width and/or height of the scrollbar.

regards,

Arno