cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Paper for NetWeaver with Hibernate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hard there is some white paper on SDN about how to use NetWeaver together with Hibernate. I couldn't find it though. Does anybody have a link to this document?

Thanks, Oliver Plohmann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You may want to see this for a brief :

Regards

Sen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil,

Your link is to another post that doesn't really answer the original question. The poster was looking for a white paper or tutorial on how to use Hibernate in WAS.

The link you're pointing to just discusses placement of config files and it's not necessarily conclusive.

So the original question remains. Is there documentation on how to make Hibernate work with WAS?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Got the document by mail from a collegue. Now knowing the title I found it on SDN (Word document):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2ae0614a-0601-0010-a491-a9a...

If the link doesn't work for you search on SDN for "Using Hibernate on SAP WAS" by Peter Mayringer.

Regards, Oliver Plohmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Oliver,

I found that document too yesterday and went thru the procedure.

However I'm having some problems. Were you able to get it working?

The first time I went thru it I got the following error after submitting the Welcome.html page:

"org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not fetch initial value"

Since I'm going against my local engine and db and that is MAXDB I thought maybe I should try using the MySQLDialect so I changed the dialect property in the "hibernate.cfg.xml" file from:

<property name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.SAPDBDialect</property>

to this

<property name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect</property>

Then I got the following error:

"org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: could not fetch initial value"

I am not quite sure what else to check.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

didn't have a chance in the meanwhile to work on getting Hibernate to run with NetWeaver. If you search in SDN for the name of the author of the Netweaver/Hibernate document you will find his e-mail address. Maybe he can give you a hint.

Regards, Oliver Plohmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did read that and sent the author an e-mail. He is pretty busy and hasn't responded yet.

Has anyone else been successful getting this to run?