cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costing Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Experts!!!

My client has changed a material (Say X) type from HALB to FERT. Material X was a part of material Y (FERT), which they want to sell out from the company. User had already run the costing for the material Y. Now, we are not able to release the cost of material X as system throws an error that

"MATERIAL HAS A RELEASED COST ESTIMATE". But if user try to backflush the quantity it throws an error that -

"EXISTING STANDARD COST ESTIMATE CANNOT BE USED". If I check in help, it suggest that -

DIAGNOSIS

This error appears under the following circumstances:

The existing standard cost estimate cannot be used for backflushing activities as the repetitive manufacturing profile was not maintained correctly when the standard cost estimate was carried out.

The standard cost estimate must come from product costing. Other cost estimates (such as base object controlling) are not possible.

Please help!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all....

My problem has been solved. Now user is very much able to release the cost of X and Y. Simultaneously, they are able to backflush the material. Cheers to all of you. Points are already been awarded...

This was the process for future reference-

1) First delete the current run by CK 44 and std cost est. by CKR1.

2) Then by using standard process, CK11N and then CK40N for each of material.

cheers again!!!

kapil

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kapil,

<b>Using T code CKR1 - Reorganisation of Cost Estimates,Take a test run and then

do final execution.After this try to do the cost rollup using CK40N.</b>

I hope this will help you.One more thing This is not advisable to do,because

reorganisation of cost estimates leads to some inconsistency.

Regards

Mangal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

For your first error -

i think u cannot release the cost estimate again in same period for Material.

For second Error.

please check with your rem profile which has assigned in MRP view, please check whether it allows standard cost estimates,

please check " backflush using standard cost estimate for material" radia button has selected under "cost accounting Tab" at spro rem profile settings. if not please select or select correct profile and assign to mrp view.

Now do the backflush, For your first question i am not sure.

regards

pardeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Pradeep!!

Thanks for writing in. But the REM profile is working fine as it has attached to number of finished goods and they are working fine. My only thrust at the moment is to release the cost in same variant for X and Y. Since Y has been dettached from X, so both has different cost estimate. So how to do this job. And one more thing, in case if i change the costing variant, what can be pros and cons for the same?

thanks in advance

kapil

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kapil,

For a Company Code / Posting Period combination you are allowed to release the Cost using only One costing variant which was Marked. Possibility of using 2 costing variant is ruled out.

Are you taking about Standard Cost Estimate or Product Cost Collector? Please confirm.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Reorganise the std cost estimate ( means you have to delete the exisitng cost estimate ) &do fresh std cost estimate & release the same.

Then you can do this.

Regards

YMREDDY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Reddy!!

I deleted the costing run by CK44, thereafter I am using CK11N for create std cost estimate. But system is thrwoing an error, that this material has already released.

Now what to do ?

Pl help

kapil

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kapil,

<b>Use T code CKR1 to do reorganization of Cost Estimate to cancel the cost

estimate & release.</b>

Regards

Mangal