Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data from SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question once more.

I wanna know where I can find some data, that I can see on the MAM, back in SAP.

I have some wrong customer data, but I don 't know where the data is coming from (in SAP). It seems to come from a functional location, but I can 't find the faulty information.

Somewhere in the code, the functional location data is read from a container. Every customer (functional location?) has the following fields:

state

stateId

SYNC_KEY

EQUNR

TPLNR

FUNCLOC_DISP

BEGRU

EQTYP

OBJNR

MATNR

SERNR

WERK

SUBMT

HEQUI

INGRP

TIDNR

WKCTR

SHTXT

FLTYP

TPLMA

TPLMA_DISP

EQFNR

HEQUI_SHTXT

TPLNR_SHTXT

TPLMA_SHTXT

XA_STAT_PROF

NAME1

STREET

POST_CODE1

CITY1

COUNTRY

TEL_NUMBER

ENHANCEMENT_FLAG

The problem is with one record in the field 'TPLMA_SHTXT': this field normally seems to contain a number (6 positions long), then a space and then the name of the company. But in one entry I have wrong information (the postal code (5 positions) + name of the city).

Does someone know where the information in this field is coming from or what the problem can be?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Diederik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diederik,

you are right that middleware just represents backend data.

To find out mapping between middleware and backend fields:

On the middleware execute transaction merep_sbuilder for SyncBo 030 - in the getlist you will see that TPLMA_SHTXT is mapped to a backend field with the same name. Double-click on GETLIST line and you will be transfrerred to the backend system. If trusted relationship between backend and middleware is not set, connect to the backend directly, and in transaction se37 display function module MAM30_030_getlist.

In the "tables" double click on "MAM_30_TOB_HEADER" refrence type. This is backend structure that is used to send data to the middleware (and frontend). You can look at descriptions and it might help to understand what exactly is a field.

TPLMA_SHTXT seems to be a description for the fucntional location superior fucntional location.

You can test by changing superior location description and executing function module on the backend to see if your changes are reflected correclty.

If this still does not give you a clue of the meaning of the fields you have only two options:

1. Open a message to SAP and ask.

2. Debug function module on the backend.

Cheers,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I 've found the cause of the problem by watching the variables in memory when debugging the MAM application. When looking at the customers information available in memory, I did notice the following data:

TPLNR_SHTXT	"51368 Leverkusen"
TPLMA_SHTXT	"51368 Leverkusen"

When comparing this data with the data of other customers, the other customers had also postal code + city as data for the field TPLNR_SHTXT, but customer number + customer name for the field TPLMA_SHTXT. Also, all other customers did have 5 white spaces between postal code and city, while this customer only had 1 white space between them. I 've guessed that this information was coming from the description field of the functional location, and this seemed to be for all customers, except for this one faulty customer. So maybe a parsing error in the code?

I then did change the 1 white space into 5 white spaces, cause this seemed to be the only difference between the customers, and surprise, this did solve the issue! I don 't think this is an SAP issue, but I think this is due to bad code that someone of our company has written once (I haven 't discovered the bad code yet: the original coders aren 't working here anymore, and there is almost no documentation ).

Thanks for your feedback and your time! I will try the things you 've said anyway, in order to learn the system better.

Best regards,

Diederik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diederik,

If you want to see the data in the middleware, then you can see this via transaction MEREP_MON.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nameeta,

Thanks for your answer. But I am looking where the data is actually stored. The middleware is just some kind of 'copy' of the original data. I think that someone did give in wrong information in SAP and that this (wrong) information is displayed on the MAM (I don 't think there is in fact a problem / bug in SAP / MAM).

The problem is that I have no idea where this information is actually stored in SAP. When I have a look at the functional location, I can 't find faulty information at first sight...

So, does anyone know where the information of the field 'TPLMA_SHTXT' is coming from?...

The reason why I believe that it 's only a matter of bad information stored in SAP for this specific customer, is that we only have this problem with orders for this customer. With all other customers, the information is OK!

Best regards,

Diederik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Meanwhile I 'v found that TPLMA is the superior functional location...

What does the SHTXT suffix mean?...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think you mean the short Txt suffix.

To see where the data comes from: First on the PDA it is helpfull to see the real data on the device - not just its values in the UI. To do this, try the folowing URL:

http://localhost:4444/<APPNAME>/start.jsp

If you are using MAM3.0 the start.jsp has changed to start_all.jsp I think. APPNAME is the name of your installation - you see that as parameter if you run MAM normally in the browser.

Well, in there you can see the values on the device for each SyncBO.

This should help to get the dependencies and see the real values.

In MEREP_SBUILDER you can dig into the mapping for each and every SyncBO. It gives you the list of correllations in the Tree-.View of the BO. Try this and you should see where this comes from or in which structure it was stored originally.

At the end - if this all hasd not helped up to now - the hard way is the GETDETAIL handler in the backend for that syncBo. If you are using MAM25 for example - the Handler that gives you the information for the oder (Syncbo MAM25_001) will be

MAM25_001_GETDETAIL in the backend. You can run this handler directly and manually in the backend to see the results and so you can set some trace points as well to digg into it.

Hope this helps to solve your issue and get a better understanding of the data structure.

Regards,

Oliver