cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MiniSap SAP WAS 6.20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I can tell I have successfully installed the software on my laptop running XP (system requirements are all ok) and made the proposed adjustments to the BSP_D00 file, installed the MS Loopback Adapter and the share for MINIWAS.

When starting the SAP GUI it takes for ever and then fails with the error

MESSAGE_TYPE_X

Main Program SAPLOLEA

Source code of LOLEAU02

when 4

property_get_error

MESSAGE ID 'CNDP' TYPE 'X' NUMBER 006 RAISING CNTL_ERROR

It's driving me mad and any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Robin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the SAPGUI failing or logging into the system failing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I log into the system using BCUSER and minisap, I wait a very long time then the information loading data... is displayed, then sometime after the failure occurs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked these weblogs?

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/09/06/mini-me-of-webas-620

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/12/08/mini-me-of-was-620-the-saga-continues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems like a GUI problem to me. Which version of SAPGUI are you using ? Try using the latest SAP GUI and see if you still have the same problem.

Cheers,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good possibilities, you need at least SAPGUI 620 to access the 6.20 system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did look at them, the second one I did to step 6, as I don't know how to run the SICK transaction, I stopped here.

One thing to mention is that I uninstalled version 6.40 of the SAPGUI that was already installed prior to loading MINISAP 6.20. Can I uninstall SAPGUI 6.20 and install and run SAPGUI 6.40 instead

Former Member
0 Kudos

just type "SICK" once you login into the system.

You can use the 640 gui to work with the system you need to have GUI 620+

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed the SAPGUI 6.40 and now I can get into the system. Just one point it does run extemely slowly, are there any settings to improve performance?

Thanks for all your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just the suggestions from my weblogs and playing aorund with your profile parameters.

I have 1.5 GB RAM and a AMD 2500+ Barton processor - runs well for me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Something is not correct I am running the command to load the flight data model (Standard Data Record) it's been going about 24 hours now and still only at 16% (SBOOK)

The PC is running Windows XP V2002 SP2 with the following

1.60Ghz processor

1GB RAM

1534MB Swap file

Former Member
0 Kudos

By "running the command" what do you mean? Have you upgraded the server yet?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was running the transaction SAPBC_DATA_GENERATOR in order to fill the tables of the flight data model.

The instructions for working with the Web Application server on the installation CD describe this process.

I have only installed the MINIWAS from the CD no upgrades.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure then, I went straight for the upgrade simply because I wanted to try all the new and cool features but the MiniWAS 6.20 comes shipped with SP26 and you can't really do anything with that in terms of BSP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I do the upgrade?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Those weblogs from me describe the whole process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps I miss something but step 8 says to everything from the Marketplace and thats it. SAP is new to me and the marketplace looks complicated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahh ok,

you will need to go to service.sap.com/patches and choose the 620 WEB AS system and download several of the SP's there as well as Kernel updates and things like that.

You might want to check out http://service.sap.com/instguides for an upgrade guide for 620 or if you have a Basis administrator you can talk to at your work.