cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workflow problem with background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

working sucessfully,while i am executing workflow task (as activity in workflow) in foreground.

but while executing in Background,it is not processing and in "Inprocess" status only.

Please help me ASAP.

Regards,

Madhu. R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i had exactly the same problem than you . in my case the problem was due to bad binding between workitem and task .

the value proposed when clicking on automatic binding (red and white icon ) were not the values expected in the task .

on activity screen . below task name and Step name . you can find manual binding . ( 2 green squares linked ) icon

(in my case automatic binding had filled values

WIObject_Id &ZIDOCWMCUS1&

IdocNumber &IDOCNUMBER&

and i had to replace &ZIDOCWMCUS1& by &ZIDOCWMCUS& ( suppress '1' ).

and &IDOCNUMBER& by &ZIDOCWMCUS-IDOCUBER&

hope that can help you .

Jean-Luc Geesen .

Edited by: jean-luc geesen on Jan 24, 2008 4:41 PM

sukhbold_altanbat
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

I had exactly same problem.

first time, I didn't check the background process in the task, what i have done is just assigned myself to the task.

so, next time I need to change the step which should work in background (automatically).

It worked automatically without showing "in process".

I think what you have to do is

1) goto task check the background processing then save the task

2) comeback to the step goto the Details tab uncheck the Advance with dialog (this is very important)

I guess it will help

Thanks,

Sukhbold

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Thanks for your reply.

But the problem is not solved. Still I am facing the same problem .

If the User name is Madhu -> Background workitem was created and Execution was also started automatically.

But for next task User name changed to Background ID ( WF-BATCH) -> Background workitem was created ,but the not submitted for processing (execution was not started automatically) .

Its there any restriction on WF_BATCH (OR) we need any additional authorizations/parameters to WF_BATCH to submit/Execute the Background Workitems(jobs).

WorkLog :

1523162 747 Update status

Madhu Background work item created 01/07/2008 22:09:31

Madhu Execution started automatically 01/07/2008 22:09:31

Background ID Work item processing complete 01/07/2008 22:09:31

1523163 742 Update Budget Distribution

Background ID Background work item created 01/07/2008 22:09:31

please suggest me in this issue.

former_member190818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhukar,

In background process step u cannot able to give the agent. It is not possible. Only when it is dialog, u can get the workitem in inbox and can be executed. What type of method ru using ?? Check whether the task is Dialog...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I have created two activity(steps) in the workflow for calling two different task which will call the two methods.

I am submitting the two activities in the background.

The first task(step) was completed successfully ,where as the second step is not completed and showing the status as "In process".

For the first task(step) ,the Background work item created and execution started automatically.

For the second task(step),background work item was created ,but the automatic execution was not started automatically.please see the screen shots below.

For the First Step :

Madhu Background work item created

Madhu Execution started automatically

Background ID Work item processing complete

For the Second Step :

Background ID Background work item created

Why for the second step (activity) the execution was not started automatically??????

Please mail me ASAP ......its very urgent.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhur,

As you said you have created two steps and made it a background task

and the first one is working correct,so you know how to make a step background task

so lets analyaze the error. inprocess means it is trying to process the step still some parameters are

missing so go to workflow log(swwl) and check whether all the required parameters are present there in

the container elements.

Thanks & Regards

Hari Sankar M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhur,

Thanks & Regards

Hari Sankar M

Edited by: Hari Sankar on Dec 18, 2007 10:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check whether you are trying to execute a dialog task that is waiting for a terminating event or is waiting for some mandatory parameters.

Please check that and if possible provide more information.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are giving all parameters and we are doing database update from the task,

but it is not happening.

while executing in foreground we are receiving this task as a workitem

and when we execute this workitem ,it is executing and updateing the database.

same thing is not happing in Background.pls suggest me ASAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is a dialog task how will it get executed. Check the Workflow Log where it is stuck. Make this task a background one and not a dialog task and everything will work.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you give ur mail id i will send the screen shots

Thanks,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry mail Id cannot be providsed thsi is an open forum and everything is transparent. Please make the Method you are excuting in the task as background and test it will surely work.

<b>

Please close thread if resolved</b>

Thanks

Arghadip