cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Quntity is more the sales Quantity?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I sold the 100 material via Sales Order.

Now I am creating Return order with reapect to same Sales Order but system is allowing me to take more then 100 material as a return material.

and also system is allow me to create so many return order with respect to sales order.

How can i restrict it?. i think it is standard but how to restrict?

Regards

Jayesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

DouglasCezar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zak,

If you want to control the quantity returned you must develop a user exit in MV45AFZZ.

Tell your ABAP consultant to look into strucuture XVBAPF, there will be the history of the referenced document with all existing returns.

best regards

Douglas

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jayesh

Standard SAP functionality wont allow excess quantity in return order than the actual quantity despatched.

Anyway, Go to VTAF, select Return Order Type and Billing Type and click the blue lens on left top corner.

Now check the following:

a) On the left side, there will be three fields with "Data". In the first Data field, "052", second one should be "103" and third one should be "003".

b) Select the item category and click blue lens. Here again, on the left three "Datas" tab, first one should be "153", second one should be "104" and third one should be "004". On the right side, for "Copying Requirements", "303" should be there.

Most probably, in either of the above, the settings is missing and hence the problem.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Lakshmipathi,

I have checked the settings you are referring to. All these settings are already in place. Still the problem persists.

Thanks,

Zak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

Even I am facing the same problem of return quantity. The return quantity can be taken more and multiple return orders be created with reference to the same billing document. Though there is an upper limit to the quantity of the return order which can be created. Anyways, the bottom line is that I am facing the same problem and am not able to figure out a way to resolve it. If anyone has been able to get around it please share the solution with all of us.

Appreciate a quick response.

Thanks,

Zak

DouglasCezar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for the reply!

I´ve tryied everything in the sales document, item category and copying control but the system always allow me to make as many return orders as I wish referencing the billing doc.

Do you know if the system blocks this situation in your company? I think I must use the MVF5AFZZ user exit to handle this.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Douglas

krishnaswamy_kumaraswamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hai

in the vtfa transaction code make sure you have clicked the copy item number and in the item category copying rule routine 303 ( copy item ref)

with document update

DouglasCezar
Contributor
0 Kudos

People I have the very same problem, that is:

1 sales order, type OR, with one item, quantity 100

outbound delivery

invoice XXX

1 return sales order, referencing the XXX invoice.

The system actually has no control if I make 100 ou 100.000. Neither If I do more than one return, e.g. 40 + 90 + 115 all of them referencing the same XXX invoice with quantity 100.

Is copying control the solution to this?

Or do I must develop a user exit in MV45AFZZ ?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Douglas

DouglasCezar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to say .... I tried the copy control, in item category view, with both options in field "pos/neg quantity": "+" and "-".

In both cases the system allowed me to reference more than the billed quantity.

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi patel ,

Check with the process flow. u have create returns only with invoice .There is no meaning in creating returns with sales order.

I think i am not wrong .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayesh,

Go to <b>VTAA</b>. Select Standard order to the Return order.

Select <b>Item catego</b>ry, And Select the Field <b>Pos/Neg Quantity as Positve ( + )...</b>

Hope this will solve your problem.

Reward points if helpfull

Muthupandiyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in vov7- completion rule option put B- Item is completed after full quantity has been referenced. check for the item cat in bth the original sales order and the return sales order.

saurabh

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jayesh,

Go to Copy Cortpl -VTAA..

at both level check filed qunatity....Select appropriate settings for Qunatity,Copying Reqt etc...Save and again try creating new return order..check if this works...

Regds

MM