cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Notification; General Settings> SAPLOGON_ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone!

We are planning to administer the extended notifications just by using the view cluster. We want to define the SAP GUI for Windows as the SAP GUI to use to display or execute work items in the Subscription Settings view.

The SAP Library says that <b>'you should specify a cross-company, unique LOGON_ID for the parameter SAPLOGON_ID in the General Settings view: Otherwise the system displays a logon window when the user navigates from a message to an SAP System'</b>.

I think this is my error. I really don't know what to put in SAPLOGON_ID parameter. How will I get this unique ID.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Reymar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wouldn't a concatenation of system name and client number be cross-company unique?

However, I think the correct answer is that you should put there the "Description" of the system found in saplogon.ini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kjetil!

There's one more thing.

When I try to click on the link from the email, an SAP log-on window opens (SAP shortcut) then I put my password (even if I already have an SAP gui for Windows open). After I put my password, an SAP log-on window appears and says a message "Client is not available in this system".

What do you think is my error?

Thanks.

Reymar

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reymar,

The shortcut is created with a wrong client in it. Check the settings in the extended notification if a wrong client is entered there. The other option could be there is no client defined for some reason and the default client does not exist.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Martin!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I was not able to encounter any settings that require default CLIENT number or other log-on essentials.

Could I specify this CLIENT number in SWNCONFIG or do you have other t-code to set this client number as its default?

Regards,

Vhong

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reymar / Vhong,

You can check what the default client is by just starting SAP. A client is predefined. If you need to change it before logon then you could ask basis to set the correct one. I think it is a system parameter, but they should know.

I couldn't say if you could set anything in the extended notification, because I am not that familiar with it, but I would expect it sets the client it is run from in the short-cut. If not it could be bug and you should check OSS.

Regards,

Martin