cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client interview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have to attend client interview from US so what kind of question they will ask, is it will be based on resume, configuration or our typical interview questions like whats is COA or AP/AR

thanx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Natashaa,

Can u please give me some background of this interview so that I can give you some real life experience based tips...Also your educational background and SAP experience.

Rgds

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish

i am M.com and it will be upgrade project. and i have a 1 year experience in sap with one implementation, and 2 years of domain in accountng field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Natashaa.. fist u just know about the nature of the client business.. if that is a manufacturing one then, just get perfection in the follwoing areas... Cost of Production, Profitability Analysis, Cost center Accounting, Internal Orders etc... if u dont know the details of this topics follow the path.... for total Controlling module...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/1e/e9293504e1fd77e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Just stydy care fully each and every topic... but dont go indepth study.. that will disturb u r consentration. just u know that what facilities are available in SAP for manufacturing concerns.

In FI area the main areas are Asset accounting -- in most of the organisations the assets are updated or WDV is calculating by using excel sheets or any other manual work. so just u go through.

Next area in FI is Accounts payable nd receivable... in this Dunning prograame, Advance payuments, Balance in respective vendor/customer accounts , age wise analysis etce., are important.

BRS is also one of the important area in FI module.

u have to know the facilities available in the system. If u have time then only go for configuration steps... u may answer if any body asks...

Tahnk you

Assign points

Dasharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naats,

Some tips for your interview.

Donot panic. People on other side are also human being just be fair & honest to them.

(ii) Have a exact copy of your resume which you passed on to them with yourself.

(iii) Be clear on the terms mentioned therein. Questions will hover around whatever u have mentioned there.

(iv) As u told me u have an implementation experience some commonly asked questions are -> Integration of FI with MM, SD, CO etc. Accounting entries passed during an Order to cash cycle and procure to pay cycle, the methodolgy u followed during implementation, any project management work u did.

(v) Apart for these generic questions like introduce urself, some challenges and learnings from your past project etc.

There is no end to it. Donot worry. Award me suitable points.

All the best for ur interview. Incase of anything specific donot hesitate to reach me on kumarmanish_k@rediffmail.com

Rgds

Manish

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First know the nature of business of the client your are going to get interviewed and try to know what modules implemented. If you got the website address of the client then go through it and prepare as per that. And even your be prepare what all u mentioned in your Resume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

These were the some of the questions in CO, I recently came across.

1) What are primary and secondary cost elements and what is the difference between them?

2) What is the difference between distribution and assessment?

3) How are cost center and profit center related or connected?

4) What are different types of profitability analysis?

5) Can you activate both forms of profitability analysis simultaneously?

6) What are true cost objects and statistical cost objects?

7) What is activity type and statistical key figure?

😎 What is internal order and whats the difference between cost center and internal order?

9) whats the difference between internal order and WBS element in PS?

10) How does the data flow into CO-PA?

11) What is the organizational hierarchy in PA module?

12) How does the data flows to the PCA?

13) What are the imp activities in PCA?

14) What is the difference between CO-PA and PCA?

15) How is cost centers and comp code related?

Regards,

Sriram

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Natashaa,

the first question on the interview will be: Have you ever heard about the <i>search</i> funcionality of SDN?

ec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric

can u tell me about Search functinality of SDN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanx to all for your valuable suggestions,

ponts assigned, but i did not understand why only points 2 is active today.

thanx

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"can u tell me about Search functinality of SDN?"

it is on the top of each screen, called Search Forum. Just click on it and you can search all the threads and you don't haver to ask questions which were asked earlier and are answered already.

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"i did not understand why only points 2 is active today."

you can assign 10 points to only one person in one thread. If you do once, that selection is not possible anymore. 6 points you can assign to two replies in one thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric

thanx again. and congtatulation for you as a top contributor in our SDN keep it up

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can check following topics

i had recently

Product Costing: How the values flow in the system

Explain a general Requistion to Check payment process

Explain a general Order to Cash collection process

Explain tax calculation procedures and VAT

Explain the Electronic Banking process

Treasury mgt

Best Regards

Ashish Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

basically its depends on the client requirement. first you have to know what areas they need to solve issues.means client always expect more from consultants. you should teach the users at any part of your module at client requirement time. So better to prepare on this also. you should know the processes in your module and having skills to solve the issues.

first what type of your client, what they need in which areas... every thing you take a tour on this. then automatically you can have an idea.

Raghav