cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display data form RFC table as header of fields inVC table .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

I get a table from RFC with field as eg : "names" this table has say 10 records then if i make a table in VC this table should get columns with header as

coulmn1 = name1, coulmn2 = name2.

In short the table should get header values dynamically and it should be extracted form a table which i get from RFC.

Is there any work around possible to get this task done.

Points would be awarded to helpful answers.

regards,

Sanjyoti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The simplest way I see is as follows:

Let's assume you have 10 columns; you therefore expect to use 10 rows returned by your RFC

1) You need to put 10 filters as output of your RFC; of course this means that as part of the output, you need a key or something that will always allow each of your filters to keep the record that contains the necessary column name

2) Bring the result of each filter to a dummy form that you'll not make invisible in your application

3) Remove the header for each column of the table (simply set ' ')

4) Create a transparent form containing and add 10 "Plain Text" elements (=labels) into it.

5) Move your transparent form on top of the table, and organize the 10 labels so that they come on top of each column header

6) Assign as default value to each of your label the necessary field from each of the 10 (invisible) forms you defined as output of the filter

That's it.

Of course this is not dynamic (you need in advance to know how many columns you'll have in your table), but the number of columns in VC tables is anyway not dynamic either.

Rgds,

Karim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi you can use a table with ten fields for the records and further ten export parameters in your rfc fm to return the table headers.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjyothi,

If you have a separate structure for column headers then this thing will be easy.

You can use this structure field values for Table column labels.

( use dynamic expression to change column headers of the table)

Thanks,

sreeni