cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[TEM] Creation of Multi - Lingual Appraisal Models

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts! (Zsolt? )

We need Multi- Language Appraisal models so that end-user in the ESS portal can choose what language they prefer during maintenance of appraisal form for BEs.

In our Appraisal Catalog, there are already created identical Appraisal Models but in different languages. In English and in German.

When I assign Appraisal models in PP01 to BETs, I can only choose 1 of these Appraisal Model (English or German). So the Appraisal model that appears in the Portal can only be English or German depending on what you've assigned to the BETs in PP01. Users cannot choose whether they prefer appraisals in English or German.

We are trying to implement a functionality where users can choose the language they want.

How do I do this? Does it involve customization of the Appraisals Catalog table.

Many thanks!

Points to those who can help.

Regards,

Olekan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olekan,

to do the assignment with several Appraisal models to one BET is not this easy thing. Let me explain you why:

You can assign to one BET two different app. models ->

-

> BE appraisal

-

> Attendee appraisal

These are related to the BET with different relationships. The point now is that you can assign with PE transasction (PVD0) ONLY ONE APP.MODEL TO ONE BET WITH THE SAME RELATIONSHIP.

Theoretically you can do more by changing the Time constraint of this relationship. I think you will be able than to assign more App. Model in PP01 after changed the Time constr. BUT THIS IS NOT A PE TRANSACTION. Whether the application will enable you to choose from these realted objects while running it is not sure. This is a design issue, that the PD transaction (PP01) and the PE transaction (PVD0) don't have the same logic.

I can show you another example to understand my point of view:

if you create a Web-link to the Event in PE transaction while creating an event you are able only attaching one link. BUT if you do maintaining in Change modus on the event in PP01 you will be able to assign more Web-links..

In this case the situation works, you are able to page between the links later, the multi-assignment is accepted by the app.

Please check whether in our case the app. accepts the multi assignment with PP01 and whether you are able to show on ESS portal side the option to choose.

Best regards,

Zsolt

null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zsolt!

Thanks for the reply.

Due to other considerations, Time Constraints for these appraisal models can only be "2". So assigning multiple appraisal models of the same relationship (for different languages) is out of the question.

That is why I'm asking about modification to the table.

I can only assign one appraisal model of a certain relationship to BETs.. and then in ESS the users can have option on which language they prefer for the appraisal.

Its tough. )

Please inform me if you have other ideas.

Many thanks!

Regards,

Olekan Babatonde