Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

memory issue for interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we have an interface through which we upload employee attendence data daily after 5 in the evening. If i load data of 1000 employees the interface runs well where as if i run this for 2000 or above the system gets hanged and message says low memory. I checked the system log in SM21 it says TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED.

How can i resolve this issue what tools should i use to analyze the prformance of this interface.

This is Urgent, Pl help

Thanks & Regards,

Quavi

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think this is related to BASIS regarding Memory allocation problem

better to consult the basis person and take his help he may increase the memory

Regards

Anji

0 Kudos

Hi Anji

I have checked with BASIS guys

They have checked everything the heap size area issue (which is coming in ABAP Dump) is already 2gb which is maximum they can allot in extended memory in SAP .

All the memory parameter they have put it to maximum but still the abap dump of heap size area is coming .Our basis guys are telling us to tune sql statement or internal table which is there in programe , as programme is running fine when it has to display 1000 records only it throws error when the same programme run for 5000 records .

One more thing i would like to add on this interface was running fine till Aug 2007 after that this issue has come up.

Regards,

Quavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz let us know whether u are uploading data to a Z table or.......

if its a z table then u will probably require to increase the size of the table in Technical settings

Nikhil

0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil

Initially there is a file on the appl server which we read through the program check for consistent data then send it to a Ztable. after words this correct data is uploaded using a std report into infotype 2011.

This issue was not there in the past this is comming form last 3 months.

Regards,

Quavi.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

In this case u have to do performance test to ur program , use tcodes ST05,SM50 to check which Coding Blocking needs to be corrected to increase performance of ur report.

orelse Check ST22 of this errors ,aand look for Arrow MArk and paste it here.

Regards

Peram