Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a doubt on IDOC control record fields plz anybody clarify it:

1.In my file to idoc scenario while performing mapping is it necessary to map control record fields or can we disable the segment and perform our mapping?

2.If we disable the segment then from where this values will be taken at runtime

& how this vaues will be compared at receiver systems partner profile ?

Plz clarify it good answers will be rewarded.

Regards,

Monica

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica Bhatia

If u want to add values to the control record , u have to select the APPLY CONTROL RECORD VALUES FROM PAYLOAD checkbox in the communication channel. When a new communication channel of type IDoc is created, the flag is set by default. If the flag is not set, the

settings comply with XI 2.0

This following websites clearly clarifies u'r doubt with detailed description with fields :

Fields of the IDoc Control Record

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/13/95244269625633e10000000a155106/content.htm

Configuring the Receiver IDoc Adapter

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/96/791c42375d5033e10000000a155106/content.htm

How to.......Sample IDoc XI Scenarios

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c09b775e-e56e-2910-1187-d8eba09c...

cheers!

gyanaraj

****Pls reward points if u find this helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Monica,

1.Yes mandatory field should be filled to test the maping.

2.You can disable the optional field and then test the mapping without values.

3.You can put values of the segment during mapping from there it will take tha data at runtime.

here is some useful liks for you.

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

/people/venugopalarao.immadisetty/blog/2007/01/24/troubleshooting-file-to-idoc-scenario-in-xi

***PS: reward point if useful**

Regards,

Sumit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Monica,

well , your question is :

1.In my file to idoc scenario while performing mapping is it necessary to map control record fields or can we disable the segment and perform our mapping?

<b>no requirment, its totally up to you , what fields you have to map, rest you can disable if mandatory fields are there.</b>

2.If we disable the segment then from where this values will be taken at runtime & how this vaues will be compared at receiver systems partner profile ?

<b>what happenes in runtime you can check in TEST option given after Design in Message Mapping, so you can see your target structure there or your target field compare .</b>

hope this will help

regards

HONEY

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. You can disable it.

2. It will be taken from either the logical system name you maintain in SLD or directly from the Logical system name maintained in Adapter specific Identifier in case of Business service in ID.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

<b><1.In my file to idoc scenario while performing mapping is it necessary to map control record fields or can we disable the segment and perform our mapping?></b>

You can disable the segment, xi will take care of it, it is used when you select header mapping in your Integration Directory.

<b><2.If we disable the segment then from where this values will be taken at runtime

& how this vaues will be compared at receiver systems partner profile ?></b>

XI will take care of it automatically.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>1.In my file to idoc scenario while performing mapping is it necessary to map control record fields or can we disable the segment and perform our mapping?</i>

>>

you have two options

1. to disable the fields - in this case the IDoc adapter will fill the control records for the same.

2. enable the fields and map it to the required details - in this case you will have to use the option Apply Control Record Values from Payload in the IDoc adapter - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/96/791c42375d5033e10000000a155106/content.htm

<i>2.If we disable the segment then from where this values will be taken at runtime

& how this vaues will be compared at receiver systems partner profile ?</i>

>>

it is set via the configuration details for the R3 BS in the SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes you can disable the segment.In the adapter you have a option apply control records from the payload so it will take all the control records values from the payload.

Apply Control Record Values from Payload

If you set the indicator, the conversion of communication parties to the IDoc partner is only possible for systems that are not logical systems.

If you do not set the indicator, all combinations of communication parties and services are handled as services without party.

If the IDoc XML structure contains a control record during outbound processing on the Integration Server, it is rejected and created again by the IDoc adapter. If you want to include additional values in the control record, set the indicator and provide an appropriate mapping for the values. See also: Fields of the IDoc Control Record

Refer the help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/bdb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

thanks and Regards,

Chirag gohil.