cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I start local J2EE Engine in debug mode automatically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I thought there was a way to setup the local J2EE engine to automatically start in debug mode.

Right now, I have to start the engine, go into Studio and right-click on engine and choose "Enable debugging of process". This means that I have to wait for the engine to restart.

What I'm looking for is a system setting where I can tell it to automatically start in debug mode.

Thanks in advance for any help.

David.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

actually, you can set up J2EE Engine in debug mode without first starting it. Do the following:

1. Go to the SAP Management Console and bring the DB online (click on the blue icon below your system SID, then click the Online button).

2. Start the Config tool using the configtool.bat file in the \usr\sap\<SID>\JC<nr>\j2ee\configtool directory.

3. Browse to the server process you want to start in debug mode (instance -> server_IDxxxx) and click on it.

4. Go to the debug tab and adjust the debug settings.

Hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ivaylo,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Could you please elaborate on your instructions? I have started the Config Tool. Now I see the following tree structure:

+ cluster-data

secure store

UME LDAP data

I expand the cluster-data node and get this:

- cluster-data

+Global dispatcher configuration

+Global server configuration

+instance_ID12345

Assumed that I should expand the instance node. When I do I get this:

+ dispatcher_ID1234500

+ server_ID123450

Again, I assumed I should expand the server node. This is where I get lost. I have no idea where to go next to set the debug configuration.

Can you please help?

Thanks

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Assumed that I should expand the instance node. When I >>do I get this:

>>+ dispatcher_ID1234500

>>+ server_ID123450

>>

>>Again, I assumed I should expand the server node.

You should click on the server_ID123450 node and this opens a few tabs on the right hand side of the screen. Locate the debug tab and adjust the settings there. See <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/39/7796e0a7be604ab63c2924045710a8/frameset.htm">this</a> page for more info about the different debug settings that appear on the screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ivaylo,

Thank you VERY much. That was exactly what I was looking for.

David.

Answers (0)