Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add and implement -Enhancement spot-please help me out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

My requirement is to modify the SAP standard Include LLCMBU04 , but instead of modifying i need add Enhancement Spot for this..

Kindly help me out how to add the Enhancement Spot and how to implement... Please advice..

Thanks in advance..

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks karthikeyan, i came to know what enhancement spot and all about,,

But How to add that.. it needs access key

but the Procedure not given .kindly help me out

0 Kudos

Hi,

goto the program. click on the enhancment button(one with curled) on the tool bar.

the screen color will change. click on goto->enhancments->show implicit enhacment.

you will see yellow color line. chose the line wher you want to enhance and right click and select enhanment->create.

in the dialog box, press create button. give the enhacment spot name. press ok.

now select your enhancement name and press ok

your enhancment will be added in the code.

press activate to activate the point.

Reward point if useful,

Regards,

Niyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

first of thanks niyaz for the procedure,

But i need to do explicit enhancement implementation , and what to know the difference between implicit and explicit ..

i neead to implement the Enhancement _point.. comes under explicit enhancement

I saw the syntax as

Enhancement-point eh1 spot s1. this has to be included in standard but it also requires access key or not...

Please help me out

0 Kudos

Hi,

Implicit is creating enhancement implementtion.

for explicit, you need to have the access key. you will be creating enhancemnet spot using se18. then after getting the access key, use the syntax and inlcude that enhancment spot. you will be making use of BADI concept and making the neccessary changes,

Reward point if useful

Regards,

Niyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks riyaz,

but you say that implicit enhancement doesn't require access key and

explicit enhancement are only for BADI or not for enhancing Standard Include like this LLCMBU04..

Please help me out.

0 Kudos

implict enhancment doesnt require access key.

Explcit enhancment can be used to enhance std include. in older version of SAP, we used explicit enhancment spots. but now since we have got BADI which is a OOPS concept, we are using BADI and making our customization there instead of making change in the code.

I hope i am clear.

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Niyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks ,

but i need to add my code in that include only LLCMBU04 , so i can't go for badi's ..

Now can i use the Enhancement Spot in that include and include my code ..

i want to know the procedure to add that enhancement spot in that include .

i.e directly go to se38 llcmbu04 change and include the enhancement code there or any other procedure to add this enhancement spot and do its implementation .