cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Adapter RFC to File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can somebody help me to view this thread. I am learning XI using RFC to File and I have got some difficulties in undestanding the Adapter Configuration.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step from Michal.

When I select this thread, I get blank page.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try this link - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Also in case of troubleshooting the adapter ref:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MK,

All problems have been resolved as suggested by you.

Thank you kindly.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

To all of you thank for helping me.

Finally I got the solution and is working now.

However, I have a couple of questions and suggestions to MK.

RFC Destination to be created in R/3 System. - Shabarish mentioned in his blog. MK can you update your blog to indicate this.

RFC destination - Step 5, you are saying Gateway host and service is from Application system and not from XI Server.

Infact, it is XI server and not application system.

In the RFC Destination, I entered gateway and service and Program id from XI server.

In The Sender Communication Adapter,

RFC Parameter : Enter the gateway, service, program id as in RFC Destination.

Enter RFC Meta data: Enter host, client number and others from Application system.

MK, could you verify the information that I have provided, and if it is correct, update your blog.

I have Two questions.

Q1 : I would like to completely clean up the work that I have done in Config and design. How can I do this? Is it by using delete option?

Q2: While working on the sender agreement, The connection got terminated, I could not modify the sender agreement. It is says currently being edited by the userid. Is there a way I can clean this up? Or any other suggestion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all this blog is not written by me so i cannot make any updates but i can help you in answering the Questions you have asked as i did earlier by providing you the correct link.

For completely cleaning up the things, just delete everything from the child to parent.Example things that are using the basics should be cleaned first otherwise you will get a warning saying that it is being used by so and so. Can use this just for reference

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/22/how-to-delete-software-component-from-integration-builder

For the second question, just close everything and re-login.It will be solved.If it doesnt simply get it rectified by your basis guy.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MK and Shabarish,

I need a little more help from you.

Here is XI Scenario.

Want to send Material info using RFM from system A to System B via XI.

Process: In System A, I create an RFM and send the data via dest paramter.

It looks like this.

Call Function

dest 'SYSTEMA_SENDER'

1. I created T - RFC Destination in systemA.

RFC Name SYSTEMA_SENDER

gateway host gbdsc1 ( using smgw)

serveric sapgw11

Program id SystemA_Sender

Registered server program, unicode.

2. In XI box, in Integration configuration, Created RFC sender channel with the following paramter

Adapter Type RFC - Sender

RFC Server Parameter -

Applcation server(Gateway) gbdsc1 ( As in RFC dest System A )

App service(gateway) sapgw11

Program ID SystemA_Sender

RFC Metadata repository

Application Servr ( What do I enter here is it System A)

System Number

Logon on User

Logon pw

Client

Language

Finally,

In system A when I do connection test I get the following errors

Error: Program SystemA_Sender not registered

Location SAP-Gateway on gbdsc1/sapgw11

Detail:TP SystemA_Sender not registered

and other errors

Can you identify any correction required for the above RFC destination and RFC configuration?

Do I need to register the program and if so how?

Your help is deeply appreciated.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

William,

u r having some problem with ur program iD.Check wheather its unique or not.I mean r u reusing some existing Program ID.u have to use newly created program ID.

one more thing !!! <b>have selected the option "register server program while creating the RFC destination</b>???????

the error u have got occurs when this option is not given!!!

u better check Michales blog!!

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

regards

biplab

***reward points if it helps u!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Michal and Shabarish.

You guys are awesome!.

After reading your blog, I know the error that I made in my RFC Adapter. I am going to fix and hopefully it will work.

I gave full points to you and please continue to help the community.

Regards

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is a slight change in the url that you are using .

Use

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Thanks