cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDF in diff interfaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

consider i have a user defined function..which has been used for onr interface...

but i want the same to be used for the different interface which is in the same namespace or the other name space or other Software componenet version...

How can it be done....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To add

As of now,UDF is limited to Graphical Mapping that you created that cannot be reused in any other Mapping.This functionality is supposed to be coming in PI 7.1, more easily than deploying a jar file to file system which makes it posible to write a UDF and reuse in any MM.

No blog as per my knowledge but If at all you want to do something like this :

Create a java class with the method that you need to reuse

Create a JAR file for the java class

Import it into the Imported Archives

Use import statement like normal java program in your UDF and access the particular method in the code

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

No the feature is not available till Pi7.0

in PI7.1, function library will be introduced. UDF are saved in local function library belonging to a mapping object. To use a user defined function in more than one message mapping or mapping template you can create the user defined functions in function libraries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

A UDF can be used only in the same namespace where it has been defined.

If you want to do so what you have mentioned, create a jar of the Java program/class and use it in Imported archives wherever you want.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there any blog on it MK

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its simple.

create your java program (UDF) and then make a jar file out of it.

import the same under your imported archives.

then in your mapping, you can call the program with the import statement inside a UDF.

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish Vijay

where to create a jar file from my UDF can you explain in detail please.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

Edited by: Dheeraj Kumar on Dec 22, 2009 2:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

no it is not possible to reuse UDF ..not even if your interface is in same namespace.