cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order to have multiple currencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My client is selling the products in USD. But now they have a requirement to sell in SGD as well.

So the same part if sold to say U.S customer Sales Order should reflect USD, if sold to Singapore customer then need to convert

It into SGD price.

The same part can be sold in USD or SGD.

Please do let me know how to do this in config? Invoicing side, can still use USD. Is there any impact on it?

Please advise.

regards,

pri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the order value as per your needed currencies by following way..

before saving your order go to header data----sales tab

pricing and statistics-document currency--

here you can change the document currency as per your need.

how ever this will posible if the FI team had defined different currencies with rates that are allowed.

in other way if you are very clear on your currency rates by the customer you can assign it at master level by the following way.

go to XD02- enter needed CMR data---goto sales area data tab--in sales tabsales order data----currency.

once you maintain this data in master level from then when ever order had created this order should generate on the defined currencyat master level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I think is you must handle this requirement by maintaining two seperate condition records with seperate currencies.

For that you need to have an access sequence defined for customer/material combination.

Then go to VK11 and choose this cust/mat combination and enter the required values in price amoount and the currency tabs.

Do not forget to maintain the respective currencies in the customer master records before mentioning them in vk11.

Goto customer change mode - xd02, goto Sales Area Data and set the currency in Sales Tab.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anne

As long as the sold to party (US and Singapore) is different, you can certainly maintain different currencies. From your mail, what I understood is that they are different but material is same in which case, in pricing condition (VK11), you are going to have a different currency.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Lakshmipathi you are right. The Sold-to-party is different, but the parts remain the same.

Could you explain in more detail how to config them?

Thanks,

Pri

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anne

Its very simple. Create customer master as "Sold to Party" in <b>XD01</b> and maintain all relevant datas there. Go to <b>VK11</b>, give the condition type (ex. PR00), select "Customer / Material with release status" combination and enter the material which you want to bill and the respective currency and save.

Now if you create two sale orders (one each of respective customers), you can see the pricing is in different currency.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathy,

Thanks so much for your reply.

But just to tell you what I did. I have set my SP thru XD01 & the currency inside sales view in xd03 is SGD.

Also we have maintained the selling price I have only 1 record & the amount is in SGD.

But when I create a Sales Order, when I enter USD under currency column & calculate the USD amount equi to SGD, I am able to create the Order.

However I didnot maintain another record in VK13 to have price conversion in USD.

So how is this possible?

Pls share,

Thanks,

Pri

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anne

When you maintain SGD in XD01 and VK11, your sale order also is suppose to have the same currency which means, the sale order currency will also be SGD.

This being the case, I dont understand why you are entering USD in sale order. If at all you want USD currency for your SP, maintain accordingly in XD01/VK11.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathy,

Sorry, my system has both in SGD. Our US office has USD setting.

But as we purcahse parts from them, we wish them to use SGD in their orders instead

of USD.

So I was checking if I can replicate the other way around using USD.

I was curious when I input the USD converted price (equivalent to SGD) & system did accept my USD price though I didnot maintain them either in XD03/VK13.

Does it mean we need to maintain only the currency conversion logic?

Pls share your thoughts & sorry for the confusion !

Rgds,

pri