cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with multiple instances on multiple db installation

0 Kudos

Guys, pls help me on this:

I wanted to install 2 SAP R/3 systems in one server, and this 2 systems shud be completely separate fr each other and each own its database.

What I did was install the database twice (SQL Server 2000), each with its own host name and database. So in the end there are 2 db sys running.

After that I proceeded with installing the 2 R/3 systems. I first installed the central instance for system A (SID XXX), then installed central instance for system B (SID YYY); then database instance for systemA and database instance for system B.

When I have completed, I came to realize that when I login to system B (SID YYY), it's actually directing me to SID XXX!! Could somebody advise me what's going on wrong here? Thanks this is really urgent.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teck Yong Ng,

I am not sure about your problem, but normally what happens when we install two databases on the same host is there will be conflict between the ports connecting to the database.

In your case the second system database might also have the same port number which you have for the first system.that is why i think you are facing this issue.

Try to look at the port numbers.

Regards,

Bharath Kumar.K

Message was edited by:

Bharath Kumar K

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I thought different SID could have the same system number, so I allocated both SID XXX and YYY the same sys number 00. Now I gave 00 to SID-XXX and 01 to SID-YYY and the problem is solved.

Thanks for the help u guys have given. Appreciate it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem Solved Great !!

Thanks for posting the solution as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teck Yong Ng,

it seems as if there is a SID conflict in your system

it looks like the system you are trying to loggin into have the SID of the other system.

just make sure the SID is correct

Regards

Abdul.