cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while trying to save general setting using SWNADMIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anyone run into this problem before. Using tcode SWNADMIN - I made one change in the INBOX_LINK_URL. When I tried to save this - it came back with an error:

Parameter: INBOX_LINK_CAPTION - message NASWN087 does not exist. According to Help.SAP.com - this value NASWN087 is supposed to be the default value.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jennifer Tran

System Analyst

LSI Incorporation

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

I have noticed that you cannot do changes to general settings in SWNADMIN. You just get the error message, and if you try to save your changes, nothing is actually updated. I don't know whether it should be like this or if this is a bug.

Just maintain the general settings in transaction SWNCONFIG.

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SWNADMIN does work once you remove the offending entries. The issue is quite simply that the texts do not exist.

Cheers,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

It is strange that for example the NASWN087 really exists. It is not an offending entry. If you remove that (from SWNCONFIG), and then go back to SWNADMIN to do your changes, you will just get an error about the next "offending entry". Maybe a bug, but I never bothered to check this from OSS or ask from SAP.

Regards,

Karri

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They don't exist here (ECC6). The only NASWNs that exist are 015 016 and 152.

I can remove all the NASWNs from the config and the texts arrive just fine.

Something is obviously not right but I don't have the time to spend with OSS on getting to the bottom of something that somehow works even though it shouldn't.

Edit:

Correction: even though the texts do not exist, there is something magical about these names and individual notifications.

With a blank entry, the single message notification reads: "New work items in your Workflow inbox".

With nonexistent text NASWN999, the same.

When nonexistent text NASWN071 is specified then the workitem text is the subject of the mail.

Ho-hum.

Message was edited by:

Mike Pokraka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike, seems to be a bit strange for you? We are also in ECC6, and I can find message 71 from message class SWN, and it's '&1'. I have also succesfully used my own message as a title of the notification.

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahhhhhh....... NOW it makes sense.

That's just plain dumb! The documentation <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/26/0b0b404b2b1e07e10000000a1550b0/content.htm">in the SAP help</a> makes it very very very clear that these are standard texts maintained in SE61. No NASWN071. This is what SWNADMIN looks for and why it fails.

However you are looking at message texts in SE91. And yes looking at those it now makes sense.

So SWNADMIN is broken & the doco is wrong.

Bad SAP. Very naughty.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Cheers,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I worked with one of my ABAP programmer - we came to the same conclusion. Thank you both for clearing this question up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just want to follow up on this issue - there is now an OSS note 1118926 available to address this issue. It's currently in German - no translation available yet.