cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster installation doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm planning to install SAP R/3 4.7 with DB2 8 in a MSCS.

I'm reading the guide (SAP R/3 Enterprise ABAP on Windows: IBM DB2 Universal Database for UNIX and Windows Using SAP R/3 Enterprise Core 4.70, Service Release 1, SAP R/3 Extension Set 2.00 Document Version 1.00 – August 18, 2004) but I have one doubt.

In page 177 there's the following line:

On both nodes you install DB2 UDB for UNIX and Windows Version 8 [Page 85] on a local drive as a user with administration rights.

My doubt is the following, does the line is telling me that I need to install DB2 on a local disk of node A and in install DB" on a local disk of node B and not using a disk of the storage? If that's true, how does DB2 works with cluster? Does DB2 uses something like log shipping of MSSQL to perform the database replication or how does it work?

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advanced.

Greetings,

Wadih Saad

null

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it just means that you should install the software package on a local drive. Later in the document you'll probably find that the database instance and the datafiles are will be installed to the clustered disk devices.

It is by the way the same with MS SQL Server. The only benefit there is that a patch is applyed to both instances. For DB2 you have to do it manually, afaik.

Regards

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph

I already understand, DB2 is just the manager, but I don't know why I was thinking in the SAP datafiles ... silly me.

And in MSSQL also the masterdb is installed in a clustered disk, right?

Thanks!

Wadih

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wadih,

yes you are right. All databases were installed on the cluster disks.

Regards

Ralph

Answers (0)