Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoke BDC from external system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

Is there a mechanism to upload a BDC recording with the data from outside the R/3 system without invoking it through the session screen ?

What I am essentially looking for is either a command line way or an RFC or BAPI to trigger the data upload.

Thanks,

Yogi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can make a RFC FM, which has all your BDC coding . Than you can call this FM outside SAP.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

5 REPLIES 5

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can make a RFC FM, which has all your BDC coding . Than you can call this FM outside SAP.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

0 Kudos

Thats, correct. I could use that option. But lets say I do not have the luxury of creating my custom RFC. Is there any other mechanism ?

0 Kudos

Yes, if the BAPI is avaliable which can solve your purpose than you can call that BAPI FM from your external System.

Utlimatly, BAPI FMs are also RFC enabled FMs so, we can call them from outside SAP world.

If you know BAPI, than I strongly recommnad to go with it.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

0 Kudos

Well that is the reason I have been going after the BDC route. There is no BAPI or RFC to support my requirement.

0 Kudos

Then we have only the first option left.

RFC with BDC

Call RFC from outside SAP

Regards,

Naimesh Patel