cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to emulate KeyStroke from a Web Dynpro button?

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a Windows application in the System tray. The

Application has a hotkey for scanning a document (the

hotkey available from any windows application).

In my Web Dynpro application I tell the user to press

the hotkey in order to activate the scan application.

I want to add a button to my WD Application which

emulates pressing on the hotkey.

How do I do that?

thanks, Omri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you're right.

It's very simple to do it on local computer with pure Java (by using the Robot class). However, when dealing with Web Application the security issues are too high

Thanks anyway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omri,

Hotkey options for any action on webdynpro application is not available. So, you can't achieve this functionality in your webdynpro application.

May be this functionality will be added in newer version of WAS.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omri,

The end-user portion of WebDynpro (i.e. what the user sees on their screen) is simply HTML, with some helper JavaScripts and CSS for formatting. There is no way a page in a web browser can activate or have knowlege about other Windows applications (if you are in a Windows environment). Imagine the security breaches that this would enable if it were possible!

Also, the back-end portion of WebDynpro (the controllers) cannot possibly have any idea about applications on the end-user's (client) machine.

In light of this, I think that what you are trying to achieve is not possible within the WebDynpro framework.

Regards,

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omri,

If you were able to achieve this functionality, can you please let us know the solution?

Best Regards,

Nibu.