Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign single IDoc type to Multiple Message type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am assigning a single IDoc Type to multiple message types . Anybody give some info whether this right?

Why because same IDoc is going to single middleware and pass into two different application servers. So what i planned is created a two different message types and assign the same IDoc type to these message and send it to middlware, so that i can filter the segments according to message type

is this right?.

Sa_R

11 REPLIES 11

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you use message code (EDIDC-MESCOD) and/or message function (EDIDC-MESFCT) for filtering purposes instead?

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using BD56 for segment filtering. Can you please give hint on how to make filtering on the basis of MESCOD or MESFCT?

Sa_R

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry ... I may misunderstood your question.

Where is the segment filtering happened? Is it in middleware or SAP?

If it is in middleware system then you can populate fields MESCOD and/or MESFCT.

If it is in SAP then you can use transaction BD56.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

0 Kudos

Hi,

Filtering is happening in SAP using BD56. So in that case if i am not using different message types then i could not able to filter the segments.

Finally making two different message type and attached to two different partner profiles and sending to the SAME destination.

This makes possible to filter on the basis of sender receiver using BD56

Sa_R

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to create multi message type.

You can use one message type with specifying multi receiver for different segment filter.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

0 Kudos

Ferry,

I am confused.....

if i am using single message type and attaching this to multiple partner profiles and these partner profiles pointing to the same destination, in that case how middleware recognize the transmissions. I think middleware recognize on the basis of message type is that correct?

if middleware recognise the transmissions on the basis of message type then how middleware will distribute these to different server?

I am using middleware as SAPXI

In my case middleware is distributing the message to different servers. For example server 1 need segment 1 to be filtered and server 2 needs segment 2 to be filtered. I am not making the filtering in SAP XI.(due to some technical reasons)

Sa_R

Message was edited by:

Sa_R

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can't you use different receiver for multi partner profiles in BD56?

How did you setup multi partner profiles in WE20?

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

0 Kudos

Ferry,

1. I can't use different receiver ( I have only single receiver that is SAP XI )

2. I have created 2 partner profiles that is pointing to same PORT

and i have created 2 message types with same IDoc type

and above said 2 message types attached to 2 partner profiles ( This will able

to create filtering possible using BD56).

I think you clear about my issue?

Is there any other better way to do this?.

Thanks

Sa_R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved the issue. By creating multiple partner profile for same IDoc type

Thanks for your replies

Sa_R

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see your issue now ...

Personnaly, I would not create multi message types with same IDoc type for segment filtering purposes. It is not very efficient and a lot of maintain for SAP and XI in case you want to distribute to new application server(s).

I would suggest to use message code/function to store application server data and let SAP XI perform the segment filtering based on these information. For example, message function = '001' for application server 'ABC' and '002' for appplication server 'XYZ'.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ferry,

I will look into options that you have suggested

Sa_R