cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to INCREASE Work Processes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How do I increase work processors in my prod system. we have 25 diaglog and 5 backgroud processes running. Is there any limitation? Can I please get instruction step by step. Your help is really important.

Thanks,

Reward points for sure!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Afi,

Goto Trans RZ10 and select Instance Profile displayed as <SID>_DVEBMGS<instance number>_hostname and edit profile settings as Basic Maintenance and select Display and there u will be getting the screen there u can change the values of Work processes Dialog,update V1,V2,Background,Enqueue,Spool. and also inital /Max swap requirement.

Reward points welcome

regards,

S.Rajeshkumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Afi,

It is correct that the change is taking place in RZ10/a

As an example, you can increase the number of DIA work processes by increasing the parameter rdisp/wp_no_dia in RZ10 (restart required to take effect)

Operation mode switches (in tx RZ04) do only allow to change the type of work processes, but not the overall number.

There is no limitation.The number of work processes is determined by the usage of the system and the available hardware. As rule which I have learned by experience, I would say that the number of dialog process should be at least equal or more than the combined number of other work processes i.e equal to or more than 50% of total work processes during daytime.

Of course bare in mind that if decide for operation modes , more DIA processes should be define in the day operation and more BTC processes during the night operation mode.

Rgds,

Loukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can increase the dialog processes by changing the parameter values in Instance profile(RZ10).

Option 2: You can define periods(DAY, NIGHT) and assign the process accordingly.