cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in ALE Service While Creation of Vendor Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am using a scenario where a third party system is sending vendor master data to a R/3 system The file is picked up by the file adapter(sender) and mapped to IDOC format, using Idoc adapter (receiver). A Vendor is then created by posting the CREMAS03 IDOC into the R/3 system.

Everything goes fine till the Idoc comes into the R/3 system. There in BD87(Idoc Status Monitor), getting the "Error in ALE Service" error. When expanded further the specific error is that of "Cross-system company code xxxx does not exist". What is generally the cause of this error and how would I resolve it?

For those of you who have attended TBIT 40, this scenario is Example 1 - Creation of Vendor Master Data.

Any help would be appreciated?

regards,

SK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Using some IDOcs you need to create a Cross-Company Code.

Please check your entries in table T001O ( Sale -->Modelling and implementing Business Processes --> Cross-Application Settings --> Global Organization Units --> Cross System Company Codes). You hace o create an entry for every Company toy want to create vendors.

Good Luck.

Francisco

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Francisco. that is what i needed to do. works fine now.

regards,

SK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried filling segment E1LFB1M

with another company code (BUKRS)?

Regards,

michal

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

one more thing

if you want to be sure that you're using the right data

try to set your system to send the vendor data out

first - send it from BD14

and then you'll know which fields do you need

if you do that take a look at segment E1LFB1M

and check for BURKS

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

Tried BD14 transaction as well and no luck so far. Basically the CompCode (BUKRS) that is being specified while doing message mapping is a valid CC which is present in the R/3 system.

SK