cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBO 2007A VS2005 B1DE Setup Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. I'm new to this SAP B1 stuff so please be patient.

I'm trying to take advantage of the Wizards for generating C# code. I've installed B1DESetup_2005SP01_1.3_VS2005.zip on a development SAP B1 2007A under Windows Server 2003 with all the latest service packs.

The first thing I notice is the VB projects have three SAP templates (File->New->Project). They are VB B1 AddOn WIzard, SAP B1 AddOnInstaller .NET Wizard and VB B1 AddOnInstaller Setup .NET. However the C# project templates list a single C# B1 AddOn Wizard.

When I select that C# Wizard I get the following error:

'Initialization problem: Error: DI API dll not found at C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One\DIAPI\2005\SAPbobsCOM2005.DLL. Please reinstall B1DE and enter the correct B1 installation path."

Now this would be easy to solve if the file weren't present. But it is in the very same folder being referenced. So there is either a long filename parsing issue (not likely) or perhaps a missing exported function from that DLL.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled to confirm things have gone correctly and received no errors during the installation process.

I have seen some other threads where people have gone further than me so I'm clueless at the moment as to why this problem exists. Is there a prerequisite install I should have performed?

Thanks,

Howard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Howard,

Verify that you have installed the DI API from the SAP Business One installation media for Business One 2007A.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran the DI API setup program from \SBO 2007A\2.Upgrades\PL06\B12007A00P_06-10003612\Packages\DI API and it asked if I would like to uninstall, therefore it's in place.

I also see the file that is claimed to be absent in the referenced folder.

Other ideas?

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Howard,

I will need to check as in testing I am getting the same error. Initially my thought is that you are using Business One 2007A and B1DE is designed to work with 2005A SP01 and below ... but I will see what I can find out.

Eddy

Answers (0)