Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM problem - material is locked in 922 TR-ZONE

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are facing a problem.

There were MB1B 344 booking and their WM counterpart wasn't executed well. The result that we had stock in 922 TR-ZONE (example):

<b>922 TR-ZONE</b>

materialA 'blocked' 10 pc

materialA 'free' -10 pcs (free means stock for unrestricted use)

<b>WH</b> (location in WH)

materialA 'free' 1000 pcs

I wanted to move 10 pcs 'free' to 922 TR-ZONE. In the first step I moved 5 pcs of them:

<b>922 TR-ZONE</b>

materialA 'blocked' 10 pc

materialA 'free' -5 pcs (free means stock of unrestricted use)

<b>WH</b> (location in WH)

materialA 'free' 995 pcs

But after that I'm not able to move 'free' stock to 922 TR-ZONE any more because the material is locked in 922 (I can see it in LT10). (confirmations are OK)

(I can move the 'blocked' stock from 922 TR-ZONE)

There was problem with materilB also and similar bookings were carried out and the remaining minus 'free' quantity in 922 TR-ZONE became locked too.

What is the reason? How can we solve this?

Please help in this issue.

Thanks,

Csaba

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry...

The lock is displayed in LT10 because the stock is minus and we cannot post minus stock...

And I couldn't move the stock (from normal WH bin to 922) because I was trying to post it from the wrong source bin...

Csaba

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you do a MB1B 344 in inventory management, then you need to do a transfer posting in WM. Execute LU04 and find all your open transfer postings.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jürgen,

It's totally clear that after MB1B 344 we have to WM bookings - I wrote it myself as well.

The problem that quality workers didn't do it, and taht's why we had stock in 922 TR-ZONE.

The main problem is that why is the stok with minus sign in 922 TR-ZONE locked?

Before moving from 'normal' storage bin stock to 922 TR-ZONE (to eliminate it) this problem doesn't exist!

After executing this transfer one part of the negative stock disappeared (it was our aim)

but the remaining qty became LOCKED

(we can see it in LT10).

Why? Where can I check what is the problem? How can we solve it?

Thanks,

Csaba

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The lock is set by SAP if you do not have enough quantity to execute.

You should not move any stock to 922. It is a wrong process, even for corrections. You need a positive and negative quant in 922 to be able to execute the tansfer posting in LU04. While doing the transfer posting, SAP can either determine the quant in you real bin that needs to be changed by itself, or it gives you a dialog to choose a quant.

What did you do with the transfer posting? I think you should still see it in LU04.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jürgen,

Thanks for your help.

I think you are right:

1. Quality guys should have do MB1B 344 counterpart in WM

2. I shouldn't have posted stock to 922 TR-ZONE and I sohould have used LU04.

I think if I had moved from normal bin the whole qty to 922 TR-ZONE to eliminate the whole negative stock at once I would have succeeded.

I guess the problem is because I just partially eliminated the negative stock in 922 - that is why the remaining qty is locked.

I don't know exactly why it is so, but the situation is that this problem do exist and I have to solve it somehow.

(my idea was to eliminate the negative 922 qty and after that move the blocked qty from 922 to its destination).

What can I do now?

thx

Csaba

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What happened to the transfer request?

You need to clarify that to enable the community to give an appropriate solution

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jürgen,

Quality guys asked me to help to solve this issue and when I saw the quantities in 922 TR-ZONE I checked what was the situation in LB10, but there was no TR.

When they book MB1B 344 SAP starts WM transactions automatically through LB12 (refering to the material document) - but they didn't get through with it.

They cancelled the WM postings that's why we got +QTY ('blocked' state) & -QTY ('unrestricted') in 922 TR-ZONE.

After that I didn't processs the PCN in LU04 but manually booked QTY form a 'normal' storage type - bin to 922 TR-ZONE (LT10 / LT01). In this way - QTY in 922 was eliminated.

The next step was to move the 'blocked' +QTY from 922 TR-ZONE to the desired bin.

So no TR was created.

BR

Csaba