cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internationalization of interactive Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to create an interactive form ready for several language. I got static text and dynamic text.

In my context i got fields coming from abap dictionnary, when i put them in the layout no description comes from the dictionnary, is it normal ?

For static text, i have to create sapscript or smartforms text if i have to translate them ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved myself the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Can you please post what method you followed for the resolution of this issue?

We are also facing a similar issue.

Thanks for your help!

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav ,

If you need to have different layout depending on language , you have to create your forms in each language you want and then modify it ( as for sapscript or smartforms ) .

If you need to translate text, you can use Sapscript Text or SMARTFORMS text and use them in your forms . When you retrieve them , set the language to the correct value.

Hope this help you , if not tell me and i'll send you by mail a sample of forms using SMARTFORMS text .

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bertrand,

Thank you for the explanation. This does clear my doubts related to Internationalization of the forms.

It will be great if you can send me a sample at gaurav.sap@gmail.com. I have not worked a lot in smartforms, so this sample will be very useful.

Thank you again,

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bertrand,

If no description comes from abap dictionary fields,might be due to CAPTION is set to none,if input fields are appearing and having proper binding then it should work.

Sap script text(standard text) and smartforms text(Text Module) are dynamic text elements,i do not think it can be used as a static text elements.

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash ,

Thanks for your answer but CAPTION is not available in transaction SFP , it's only for WEBDYNPRO ABAP or JAVA no ?

My requirement is to put a TEXT FIELD in the form link with a data dictionnary element and retrieve all posible value automaticly and description of the abap field in the language of the form .

Thnaks for your help.