cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load master data from file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new in BW and I want to prepare an example.

I have the InfoObject IO_CUSTOMER (idint and name) and IO_TYPE_OF_CUSTOMER (customer's attribute).

Firstly I want to load "types of customer" data from a file into the InfoObject. I have created a InfoSource using "direct update master data" and I have loaded data with a InfoPackage. Using Monitor, I see the load is correct.

My first question is: How can I see data loaded into the InfoObject?

The second one is: How can I load data from the InfoObject into a InfoCube?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ismael,

For the first question -- Right click the infoobject and select 'Maintain Master Data' and then execute the button so that you can see the data.

For the second question -- You don't bring the master data into the cube. In the 'extended star schema' master data tables stay out of cubes. Links will be created (SIDs) during modelling, so that when you pull data from cubes, it will make those connections, pull master data and display.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I see the content of the InfoCube, appears twice "type of material" in "fields selection":

- Type of material --> Empty

- Type of material[material] --> Filled

When I run the query the first field is empty, but the second is filled with the correct data.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.- Steps:

- RSA1

- modelling

- InfoObjects

- Find your InfoObject

- Update Master Data

2.-It isn't logical to update cube from InfoObject, but you can do an InfoSource from an InfoObject:

- RSA1

- modelling

- InfoProviders

- Find your cube

- Create Update rules (from InfoSourcec defined as InfoObject)