cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM25_031 too big

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We're doing an enhancement on MAM 2.5 SR5 at the moment. This is running on MI 2.5 SP20. We've done a good few enhancements but now we have a problem. Our orders are driven from functional locations so in the TOP structure of the 001 SBO we do have a link to the functional Location. The cascading then just gives us the Functional locations down to the device that we need for the moment. The problem is that we're not getting any equipments down since the order top structure doesn't link to an equipment and we can't use a variant in the User Config for the equipments. I.e. Standard cascading won't do it for us.

We want to filter the equipments from the middleware that are referenced with the functional locations that are cascaded down to the device. The only way I can see this happening is to create a Z031 and add the 030's TPLNR as a referenced SBO. Then use the dynamic filtering.

Can you do something like this without having to create a custom 031?

Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You can send stand-alone technical objects to the device via SyncBo 090.

You just need to implement BADIs for this SyncBo and send required equipment ID in the equipments table - you will get the whole equipment object on the device. It wont be related to the order directly (unless you enhance order as well).

Other option to consider - put this equipment in order technical objects list. Please double check this, order technical objects from this table can be sent to the device in MAM3.0, but I don't remember if this functionality was dowfported in MAM 2.5.

Cheers,

Larissa Limarova

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Daniel,

reread your post again and got confused - standard MAM Order syncbo has foreign key relationship with BOTH funcloc and equipment. When order has funcloc and/or equipment assigned to order on the order header BOTH will come to the device.

Cheers,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

First thanks for all the answers!

Oliver: MAM25 doesn't cascade MAM_001 Item 70. Even if it did it would only be half good to me since we're using child equipments for some of the equipments so they aren't in the Item 70. All the functional locations are available in the middleware and all the functional locations related to the orders I have downloaded are available on the device.

To try this out with a custom SBO I just created a custom MAM_031 where I add a relation from the Functional Location Number in the top structure to the top structure of the order's Functional Location Number. I then do Dynamic filtering on this and now I get all the equipments I want in the custom MAM_031. The problem would be that I still don't get the Codegroups I need since they are linked from the standard 031 to 041 to 017. To get them I would have to do even more customizing.

Larissa: The number of equipments in the variant has to be quite big. We're talking about around 150000 in the wide set variant. We don't want them all on the device.

Now since I've already created the custom 031 I might have a look into getting the codegroups via a variant and remove the cascading from it. Better to have all codegroups than all equipments on the device. I'll have a try...

Thanks all so far!

/Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved this by creating a custom 031 SBO to get the data that I need. Filter with Dynamic Filter to get the Equipment I need. I then removed the cascading from 017. The only overhead I have now is the I get all Codegroups down, but that is much better than getting all the equipments.

Thanks again!

/Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

You got all equipments down?

Check SPRO settings in the backend. There is a field called: "ADDITIONAL FUnctional locations" and another one called "Additional Equipments". If you have a variant in there, it will download all Equipments/FunctLocs based on that varian to your device. Sorry, I missunderstood your previous question - perhaps this will solve the problem on an easier way as well - even you have done the work now.

Regards,.

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure about that for MAM2.5 - but if you open MEREP_PD - you will see the column called CASCADE. In there you have a few boxes with numbers. These numbers show you the number of cascading links in the structure. If you double click on that box for MAMxx_030 - the FunctLoc BO, you will see in a new opened window that there is a Cascading link to MAMxx_001.

I am sorry, I am using MAM30 - so I can only check that actually on MAM30, but I am pretty much sure that this was the same in MAM25. The CASCADE shows a link to the top structure AND to structure 70 of MAM_001 in my case.

So I guess your problem is another one. Please check three things:

1.) Have you entered the FunctLoc in the order so it is available there? (Well, I guess you have, but I just ask - double check is sometimes better )

2.) Please run the GETDETAIL handler for MAMxx_001 in the backend for that order. There you should have a link to the Equipment in either the top structure or on Structure 070.

3.) Third check would be: is that FunctLoc available in Table MEREP_207 in the middleware?

If this all works fine, it should come down to the client. Anyway you should be able to live without a customized 030 zBO.

hope this helps to solve the issue - or at least the answer will give us a better idea.

Regards,

Oliver

Sorry: just a misspelling - both is the same for FunctLoc and Equipment on my machine, so even I switched that above, it should work anyway.

Message was edited by:

Oliver Kaluscha