I want XI to pick file from computer 1 and post it to computer 3

I am logging on to XI server from computer 1(thro SAP GUI),

<u><b>Sender communication channel :</b></u>

Transport protocol:FTP

Messsage protocol: file

<u><b>In FTP connection Parameters:</b></u>

Server: computer 1 IP address

port:21

User name and PW---> I have given computer 1 Username and password.

Connection mode: permanently

Transfer mode: Binary

Folder: C:\ftproot\output

filename : given

<u><b>In Receiver Communication Channel</b></u>

Transport protocol:FTP

Message protocol: file

<u><b>In FTP connection Parameters:</b></u>

Server: computer 3 IP address

port:21

User name and PW---> I have given computer 3 Username and password.

Connection mode: permanently

Transfer mode: Binary

Put File: Use Temporary File

Folder:
eccserver\saploc\tmp

filename scheme: given

When I activate the scenario file is not getting picked from the source

In Adapter Framework: Message says up and running No message processing now

How to check FTP server is up and running on computer 1 (source system)and Computer 2 (XI server)?

What could be the problem ?

Thanks

dushanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

File adaper is unable to communicate with the specified FTP server (Computer1)

Check the port no. in the File adapter also chek the authentication...but I am wondering why File adapter is now showing any logs...

Is channel is activated?

Check the Communication Channel Monitoring from RWB?

Thanks

Farooq.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i had the same problem just a few weeks ago.

you have to consider the home directory of the ftp user. this solved my problem.

Just try to login with a simple ftp client and with the user name + password provided in the communication channel to find out the home directory.

br,

martin

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this blog.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sachin, I followed this blog and did the scenario.

dushanth

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Check if the given source file location path and source file name is same as what is specified in sender communication channel. Then check if the Adapter status is Active in the sender file communication channel.

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,XI will not pick up file just like that from your personal system.even if you have given the IP and port.

you need to have a FTP server on your local PC(there are some free FTP servers on google).

once you have installed this FTP server on your local PC then only XI will pick up.

its a client-server mechanism,XI will be the client and your PC will be the server,right now XI is the client but there is no server,thats why its saying no file processing until now

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you FarooqFarooqui, Sachin Dhingra, Aamir Suhail for your replies.

I have downloaded FTP server and FTP client from this location

http://www.wftpserver.com/download.htm

and I am installing FTP server on computer 1 (SAP gui system) and FTP client on XI system.

I will update you

Thanks

dushanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have got one more doubt

In connection parameters, what is the server: IP addresses that I should give in Sender comm channel and in Receiver Comm channel .

thanks

duhsanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you dont have to install the client FTP on XI.

Also, check if you have firewalls between your local network and the one where is placed the XI box.

I f you can log on to XI OS, i suggest to first try ftp your local machine from there and try to get/post a file from there. In addition, you have to be able to ping your localhost from XI server.

Hope this helps,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

IP address will be the IP address of the machine on which the server is installed.

for sender it will be your local machine IP and for receiver it will be receiver machine IP

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Consider that I dont have FTP installed on my computer. According to this blog

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

I have configured.

In sender comm channel I have given Ipaddress of computer 1 (which has a file to be picked)

In Receiver Comm channel I have given IP address of computer 3 (in which file to be posted)

and computer 2 is the XI server

Computer 1 has FTP installed

1. XI server should have FTP installed or not ? IF yes is it FTP client or FTP server or Guild FTP (according to the blog is enough)

2. Computer 3 should have FTP installed or not ?

Please help me I am really confused.

Thanks

dushanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>1. XI server should have FTP installed or not ? IF yes is it FTP client or FTP server or Guild FTP (according to the blog is enough)

no,its not required for XI to have a FTP server installed on it.

>>2. Computer 3 should have FTP installed or not ?

not mandatory,if you are sending the XI server file system then use NFS,but if you want to send file to some other physical system then only use FTP.

i would suggest you to pick and drop the file from XI server itself,you dont need any FTP in that case,simply place the file in one directory on XI server and then move it to another directory on XI server itself

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dushanth,

1. XI server should have FTP installed or not ? IF yes is it FTP client or FTP server or Guild FTP (according to the blog is enough)

---On XI server FTP no need to install FTP.

2. Computer 3 should have FTP installed or not ?

-- Yes you need FTP installed on Computer 3 if you want to place a file on computer 3 ( which is not XI system)

Also remember when yuo create FTP Username / password, there would be default root directory set for that FTP User. Yous hould specify path in your Communication channel accordingly.

Hope this will help.

Nilesh