cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA Assessment - settlement to different Company codes char. values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some doubts about the COPA assessment possibilities.

I have such a case - where there is one common Controlling area for 3 company codes.

The company code is a characteristic used in my Operating Concern.

I would like to have such a possibility to run the assessment of Administration Cost center in Company code 1 - that would settle its costs to Characteristic values - a group of product indexes and to all company codes (not only to products sold in company code 1, but also in 2 and 3). Is it possible to do it in COPA assessment - or will the system give a warning or error message when trying to settle cost from CC in one comany code to characteristic values in different company codes.

The key I would use for settlement would be the COGS value field.

Best wishes,

Karol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/7a/4c48c64a0111d1894c0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm">Logic for allocating to company codes, business areas and profit centers</a>

The characteristics Company code, Business area and Profit center are <b>handled differently depending on whether they are specified explicitly</b> in the segment.

<b>If you do not specify them as receiver characteristics,</b> they <b>are copied automatically from the sender to the receiver profitability segments.</b> If you use the receiver rule "Variable portions", the tracing factors are aggregated over all company codes, business areas and profit centers.

<b>If you explicitly specify the characteristics as receivers,</b> distribution occurs using the receiver rule. <b>In particular, cross-company-code,</b> cross-business-area or cross-profit-center <b>postings can be created if the characteristics specified for the sender differ from those entered explicitly for the receiver</b>. In this case, the tracing factors used for the receiver rule "Variable portions" are selected for that particular company code, business area or profit center.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What will happen if in my assessment cycle I define such segment"

Sender - Administration Cost center - 100% of its costs

Receiver rule as Variable portions

Tracing factor - as COGS

Receiver:

- char Product: all Product indexes

- char Product cat. (FERT, HAWA...): FERT

- char Company Code: 1000, 2000

What will be the result of this settlement? Will the system allocate values only to Product indexes with FERT category in company code 1000 and 2000, which have COGS posted??

Or will the system allocate costs to all product indexes and at the same time

to FERT Product cat. char value, and to 1000 and 2000 company code char values.

regards,

Karol

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/7a/4c48c64a0111d1894c0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm">Refer to Assessment Segment</a>

This is under flow of actual values>Periodic overhead allocation>Procdedure for overhead allocation>Use of cycles in PA>Segments>Assessment segment.

It should post to Product indexes with FERT category in company code 1000 and 2000, which have COGS posted!

Answers (0)