cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File-XI-BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Requirement is ,XI has to read an XML with material number through file adapter ,call details BAPI in SAP and format the results in another XML file and send it to a file location as a synchronous message.

I created Synchronous message interfaces,imported RFC's,Created graph mapping for both request & response bapi messages created interface mapping with both request/response tabs . Configured receiver determination with RFC receiver adapter,interface determination and send/rec agreements.

While testing,the xml file is picked up and the xml monitoring says processed ok.The response xml message here, is not as per the configuration,i'm not sure the bapi is called or not.

Any idea how to know the BAPI is actually called.Also any idea how to get the synchronous response back to the file location in a XML file(should i create a file receiver for the synchronous response).Am i missing any steps.

any help is greatly appreciated please...

gopy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopy,

R u using any BPM process. If its a sync then the best would be to use the BPM, in that way you can see both request and response message in the /sxmb_moni.

The BPM steps will be,

start->Receive step -> transform -> sync send->transform->Async Send (To file adapter).

So, you have to create both the request and response Message Interface (MI) and the corresponding Abstract MI.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input ,Is there a way i could do this without BPM.In fact i created additonal receiver to the same sender in sender agreement.used same interface determination and created a receiver agreement with a file reciver adpater.

I could see a file in the out put,but its not the output file (from the bApi response ),instead i'm getting the file with bapi request message,which is mapped from the input XMl message.How to ensure BAPi is called actually?

or any SM59 entry is required for the RFC reveiver.

please help.

GOpy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

create a BAPI Wrapper and call that wrapper. In that write a timestamp to file or make an entry into a custom table.

regards

SKM