cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import manager problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MDM experts ,

I am working with MDM import manager. In the source hierarchy I have the following information:

Date: 200712121823

that contents the current year, month, day and hour.

And in the destination hierarchy I have created two records: Day and Hour. Both Destination fields should have the same information that the source Field Date.

When I clone the source field and map it to the destination fields the following error message appears:

<i>Unable to find source column index for 'Date<clone>'.</i>

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Marta.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marta,

Just a work around -The information that you want to map( Date: 200712121823) in two destination fields can be done when in your source you have values with delimited values.

You will have to split values in the Import Manager based on the delimiter you use in the source.

Hope this works..

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marta,

I tried in MDM with the requirement you have asked for and I found out that you can easily create a clone for your date field and map it to either to the date or hour field as required and the original source field will be obviously be mapped to one of the destination field and the other destination field could be mapped to the clone field.

Just make sure you are creating the clone field properly in the source hierarchy.

Regards

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In the IM map in the Matched Records tab remove the matching fields & in the mapping in the map fields tab remove the mapping for the source date field .

Once this is done , the system will allow you to clone the source field & you can then map the fields once again as per the requirement.

Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marta,

just a work-around, you can create another column in your sorce file (txt, excel, etc.) and map each one to your field: Day and Hour.

Besides, if you want to split the Date fields, in this case it's not possible because you haven't a separator like ; or , or |, etc.

Hope this help you.

Regards,

Vito