modeling Issue(InfoSource ???)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Im working in BI7.0

I need to extract the data from

1) MARA, MARC

2) MKAL , CRHD.

can i create one datasource for MARA,MARC and another datasource for MKAL, CRHD [0R] can i create one datasource on four tables.

If i create two datasources then can i create two DSO or can i create a infosource and combine these two infosources.

ple let me know

kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create 2 datasources and one DSO to consolidate or in 7 version you can use a new infosource. The infosource in 7 has a new concept. You can use as an DSO to consolidate 2 datasources but the data is not stored physically. You can combine your two datasources in a infosource through two transformations and create another transformation from the infosource to your infoprovider.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

It all depends on the data modelling and the table design available to you.

if all the 4 tables have common keys then yes 1 datasource ,if not then Multiple datasources and 1 single Infosource can be used to feed the ODS.

If you are using Multiple DS than would suggest using Infosource for better performance and central administration.

if you want to connect a number of different DataSources to a target and the different DataSources have the same business rules. In the transformation, you can align the format of the data in DataSource with the format of the data in the InfoSource. The required business rules are applied in the subsequent transformation between the InfoSource and the target. You can make any changes to these rules centrally in this one transformation, as required

Recommendations different scenarios -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/44/0243dd8ae1603ae10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..