SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Area issue in Fee calculation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I was trying to run FEE Calculation, I am getting this error.Do we need to define something in Posting Area…

Key selection not defined for application P company code PC01

Message no. >1005

Procedure for System Administration

In Customizing, define the keys you require by selecting the appropriate entry for account determination for posting area PC01.

When I checked further, I found that in TFK033D, the posting area PC01 is not maintained for Application Area P. And we could not find maintenance object for TFK033D.

Could you pls. guide on this issue, what exactly need to be done?

Thanks and regards,

Devendra Sharda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Devendra,

Posting area 'PC01' is for determining the Fee Calculation Procedure. You cannot run any Fee Calculation until you have set up a Fee Calc Procedure with proper Pricing Procedures. To get past your initial error, use IMG task <i>Campus Management -> Student Accounting -> Fees -> Pricing -> Fee Calculation Procedures -> Define Fee Calculation Procedures.</i> Use menu option 'Goto -> Select Keys' if you want to change the Key Fields.

Now, if you have not defined a Fee Calculation Procedure, you indeed have a lot of work to do. I can't explain it all here, but I am working on a Fee Calculation Cookbook for some common Fee Calculation scenarios.

Most likely you also have not gotten around to defining the derivations needed in the IMG. Just go to the section <i>Campus Management -> Student Accounting -> Fees -> Posting -> FI-CA Documents</i>. Without these settings, you will not be able to post any tuition!

Here, just go through each item to make sure you have proper entries for things such as G/L account, Main/Sub transaction, etc. If you want to use additional keys for your assignment, in each task you can use the menu option of <i>Goto -> Select Keys</i>.

Michael

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Devendra,

Posting area 'PC01' is for determining the Fee Calculation Procedure. You cannot run any Fee Calculation until you have set up a Fee Calc Procedure with proper Pricing Procedures. To get past your initial error, use IMG task <i>Campus Management -> Student Accounting -> Fees -> Pricing -> Fee Calculation Procedures -> Define Fee Calculation Procedures.</i> Use menu option 'Goto -> Select Keys' if you want to change the Key Fields.

Now, if you have not defined a Fee Calculation Procedure, you indeed have a lot of work to do. I can't explain it all here, but I am working on a Fee Calculation Cookbook for some common Fee Calculation scenarios.

Most likely you also have not gotten around to defining the derivations needed in the IMG. Just go to the section <i>Campus Management -> Student Accounting -> Fees -> Posting -> FI-CA Documents</i>. Without these settings, you will not be able to post any tuition!

Here, just go through each item to make sure you have proper entries for things such as G/L account, Main/Sub transaction, etc. If you want to use additional keys for your assignment, in each task you can use the menu option of <i>Goto -> Select Keys</i>.

Michael

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Michael.

I checked the nodes and I am sure that will finally lead me to right results.

Yes, you are right, I still need to do lot of configuration, before seeing the results related to Fee Calculations, but now with this input, I am nearer to that

Devendra