Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveCache Initialization and Planning Version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we use SCM 5.0 and LiveCache 7.6.0.2.

After some problems, we managed to initialize the LiveCache (new system installation), but the post-processing report /SAPAPO/DELETE_LC_ANCHORS has errors:

Postprocessing Report /SAPAPO/DELETE_LC_ANCHORS
Start:     13.11.2007 16:31:46
End:       Unknown
----------------------------------------------------------
The action was terminated before this step of the process was marked as
complete. The cause for this cannot be determined. Possible causes:
short dump or error message.

I cannot find the reason for this. Additionally, there is no planning version if I go to /SAPAPO/MVM. Does this version have to be created by liveCache initialization, or afterwards by functional side/customizing?

Sorry, I am new to the matter. I am technical analyst/Basis.

Thanks,

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_renardy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hallo Mattias,

we have done this stuff too when switching to Unicode. Please have a look onto Hinweis 632357:

Do not use report /SAPAPO/DELETE_LC_ANCHORS during Initialisation!!!

A planning version will be created by a APO application. After the LC init. the LC is completely empty!

Regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

thanks! Okay, now I know about the planning version (I think the functional teams then will create one during functional customizing).

I didn't execute /SAPAPO/DELETE_LC_ANCHORS manually, I just entered it as post-processing report for initialization in connection LCA. Since we are doing a brand-new installation and don't have to backup data, note 632357 doesn't seem to be relevant for me. But why does it run with errors? How can I find out more about it?

Thank you,

Matthias

martin_renardy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hallo Matthias,

sorry - you are 100% right! note 632357 is not relevant for you!

I will have a look into my system. Somewhere in LC10 I should find something in the log.

Anyway: Because you system is completly empty report /SAPAPO/DELETE_LC_ANCHORS can't do anything because it will synchronizes the LC anchor tables with the LC itself. I bed this is the simple reason why you are getting the message.

Because the system starts the report after the init you should be able to start it manually. Do you get any usefull message than? In a empty system it can't do any harm.

Regards

Martin

martin_renardy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hallo Mathias,

please have a look onto transaction /SAPAPO/OM11 - (lifeCache log). Is there anything useful in it?

Regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I checked the logs: A few times, some reorg jobs crashed, because they were scheduled in the wrong client. But that's fixed now. It says there is an error in OM13, but I think it is because there are errors in the logs (strange, isn't it?). All Consistency Checks and Initailization steps are green. So nothing there what helps, I think.

But probably you are right by saying it's because the LC is empty right now...

Thanks, Matthias

Answers (0)