cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow related tables. Urgent. Please help.

former_member196438
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Could anybody please give me the list of workflow related tables ? I need to retrieve the following details.

Type,

Workflow Item ID,

Workflow Item Unique ID, Text

Creator, Created Date and Time,

User created WI,

Technical Status,

Agent,

Task ID, Task ID text,

Element, Element Value.

Please let me know at the earliest. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the forum guidelines and don't use <b>urgent</b> in the subject. Also search before you ask a question. You are not the first one to ak this. I have seen this question even recently.

And you can count yourself lucky I responded already, because normally I would adopt a strategy from another user and wait for a minimum of 24 hours.

Regards,

Martin

Message was edited by:

Martin Nooteboom

I see you care more for the points than the forum guidelines Arghadip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you think when a person is facing some issue will first read guidelines and then post. You can expect this from a person who has posted at least 30 posts. It is like you are asking help from a functional consultant what is a purchase order and he tell you man

``You need to know the whole part of Material Management before U know PO``

Try to be a bit pragmatic. Will you do this to your peers or your junior. At least I will not do this.

Thanks

Arghadip

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>I don't think this is the right place for this, but I will give one reply.</i>

<i>>What you think when a person is facing some issue will first read guidelines and then post.</i>

Here is the <a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement">link</a> to the guidelines. It is expected somebody first reads the guidelines and then starts posting, it is the first line in the guidelines. So I expect it also. I don't see why I should expect it from someone who has at least 30 points, and not from someone who has never posted.

About your analogy, it doesn't work because most of the time the functional consultant needs me to create the workflow, or he is part of the same project so we need each other. In this forum I spend my own precious time answering questions, and not for the points but because I want to contribute and help others. But I expect them to have tried to 'help' themselves first.

And as long as there is no moderator for the forum I will try to point people at the guidelines so this forum will not end up generating a lot of 'noise' and running of those who can help maybe the most (to name two: Kjetil Kilhavn and Mike Pokraka). I know they are thinking about skipping this forum because of the noise.

<i>> Try to be a bit pragmatic. Will you do this to your peers or your junior.</i>

Depending on the situation I will do this to my peers and juniors, mostly because they will learn more from finding things out by themselves than from pre cooked answers. And learning is one of the main objectives here.

And my remark about the points is because you keep asking for them.

I hope this clarifies a little why I post answers like the one I gave to this somewhat lazy question (not the first one today).

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

My way of working is different. I first help the people and then Give him advice to improve their knowledge on SAP because I feel giving advice is of no use if it is not going to help him at the critical moment.

Regarding points I may demand as I am helping his solve the issue. And also remember I ask them cordially to close thread when resolved which is according to community guideline.

<i>Depending on the situation I will do this to my peers and juniors, mostly because they will learn more from finding things out by themselves than from pre cooked answers.And learning is one of the main objectives here></i>

This is easier said than done. Suppose you are facing the same issue on something which U have no clue but you are asked to do then you will expect some good answer in place of advice to check this and that. Then I feel everything is present in SAP so what is the need of asking question you can tell them this is in SAP search. Then slowly your answer will be Search in R/3 you will get your answer. Think about this.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message was edited by:

Ravi Dixit

Message was edited by:

Ravi Dixit

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> forum will not end up generating a lot of 'noise' and

> running of those who can help maybe the most (to name

> two: Kjetil Kilhavn and Mike Pokraka). I know they

> are thinking about skipping this forum because of the

> noise.

>

"Thinking about"? It already happened a long time ago.

Sadly there are many other names I could add, many of whom hardly even bothered posting in first place. I know it's not due to lack of time or commitment as the same people are quite active elsewhere.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can it possibly be urgent to know the names of some tables? Production down, can't log on, server emitting smoke - that's urgent. Those are the guidelines SAP use. Many forums have the same or similar rules, and some simply ban anyone who breaks them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arghadip - If this is the person's first attempt to find information by posting a question, then I think we should be a bit forgiving. But if a person hasn't bothered to read the rules by the 13th post then he or she certainly isn't going to bother to read them by the 30th.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok folks I will do as suggested:)))

Chill man nothing to worry.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

tables are

SWWWIHEAD:Header data

SWWUSERWI:Agent related data

Any more table you can search with SW* from SE11.

Reward points if useful and close thread if resolved.

Thanks

Arghadip

former_member196438
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Arghadip. Your information is useful. Could you please further guide me as to where can i get the details about Elements ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aiswarya

A better way of retrieving the workflow/workitem information is to use the WAPI function modules to get more than simple workitem information. Fro example use SAP_WAPI_GET_HEADER to get the basic data and then use SAP_WAPI_READ_CONTAINER to get the elements and element values in the container for a particular workitem.

I would also suggest you check out the SAPHelp for workflow to get an understanding on the use of containers at the various levels of the workflow runtime architecture.

Regards

Gareth