cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3 Backend as Databse for JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @,

We have our R/3 and XI installed on diff servers now I have to execute a scenario including JDBC adapter .

Can I use Oracle ( R/3 database ) for my JDBC connection using XI adapter ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean to say, can I use the database that is used for R/3??

If you are just looking for test perpose..like * to JDBC scenario, then u cal also achive it using MSAccess..that (*.mdb) u have to place in you XI server...

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn

Thanks

Farooq.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you should be able to do so.

Only thing that you would need to consider is to get the right driver connectivity to the DB.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3867a582-0401-0010-6cbf-9644e49f...

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is right, if you load the correct drivers then XI can communicate with Database. But here what is concept of using R/3 (oracle database). Do you think in realy scenario it is required??

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi farooq,

In real scenario this will never be required ,it is just that instead of using any specific database we thought to use Oracle R/3 Backend as DB.

However MS access is another option available

regards

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try to test using the MSacess as it is simple and more over yu are not taouching your D/B on which r/3 is running..........either case are fine but it's just the matter of convinence..