cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM: Make Text mandatory on a particular status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where i need to make a particular text mandatory when a particular status is set. e.g. say i have defined a text 'Import Comments' which i want to make mandatory when the urgent correction status is set to 'Authorized for Import'.

Please tell me how this can be achieved. Also i know in text determination procedure we can make a text obligatory. But here the issue is the text becomes mandatory from the time correction is created. I want it to become mandatory only when the particular status is set.

Whether this can be achieved through configuration settings or technical developments.

Thanks & Regards,

Kriti Bhalla.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kriti,

This can be achieved by right combination of configuration settings and technical development.

You need to implement SOCM_CHECK_CONDITION badi.

Within this badi use FM crm_order_read_ow and give them appropiatate input parameter and then you will get the desired output.

You need to consult CRM technical person to use those Funtion modules.

More details on how to go about implementing this BADI could be found out in the documentation.

Follow: SPRO-> Solution manager-> scenario specific settings-> change request management-> extended configuration->chnage transaction-> change transaction types->consistency checks in CHARM.

please reward points for usefull answer

Regards,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

The insights seem to be useful. I will check with a technical person and get back to you.

Thanks,

Kriti Bhalla.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello anand,

i have checked this badi . i went to SPRO for more details.

it says that we need to implement the filter as the parameter FLT_VAL.

but while implementing the badi i could not see this filter in my list of condition.

how do i go ahead please guide me in this............

Thanks,

Shiva........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I want to implement a similar condition, but as i'm not an ABAP expert, i may have misundertood the procedure described in the SPRO:

I've created a new implementation for the SOCM_CHECK_CONDITION BAdI, ZCONDITION, and in my BAdI definition i use CL_SOCM_INSTANCE as implementation class. Do I have to modify method IF_EX_SOCM_CHECK_CONDITION~CHECK_CONDITION ? And even before any modification in that method i'm not able to activate my BAdI because of a warning in class CL_SOCM_INSTANCE.

Is this the right way to implement this BAdI ?

Thanks in advance.

Stéphane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I finally did it on myself, but i still have a problem because the condition is not check automatically in the ticket. I have to execute manually an action with method HF_CHECK_STATUS. I've tried to create an action that is automatically scheduled in all statuses but it didn't work.

regards,

Stéphane.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi can you share your BADI code of this?