cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send input parameters to a file adapter module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have a requirement like , i need to pick a file from a file server based on a condition. that condition we write in adapter module (in file sender channel).

the condition needs some input , so how can we send input parameters to adapter module.

please suggest me some way,

thanks in advance

jhansi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you creating the schema in IR, please provide the context object there and at the time of Rceiver determination provide the condition to select the interface and also the receivers .

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : Reward points if helpful

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And in the communication channel you can provide the Processing sequence of the parameter.

Aashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the parameters are dynamic (in value) then?

i need to send date as input parameter, it changes daily , in this case

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jhansilakshmi ,

you can try like this , make your scenario in two , in first scenario use your module, then again make a simple <b>file to file</b> scenario which will pick this file , and in data types your input <b>DATE field</b> will be there.

I havent try this, but it will work.

hope this will solve the problem

regards

HONEY

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jhansilakshmi ,

if you are adding a new module in your file adaptor, so have to do configaration in <b>Sender Communication Channel</b>, go to <b>Modules</b> and give the <b>processing sequence.</b>

<b>the condition needs some input , so how can we send input parameters to adapter module</b>.

you can give your input parameters in <b>'module configuration'</b>

it will ask Parameter name and value.

give proper input parameter.

hope this will solve problem.

regards

HONEY

Message was edited by:

Honey Gyanani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are writing Adapter Module i.e bean in that you can write you logic which will read the Payload (file) and based on that like using SAX or DOM you can read save that value in a variable and use it as a paramerter where you want to use it.

what is the type of your file I mean it is XML or Non XML

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also have a look on this Blog.../people/gowtham.kuchipudi2/blog/2006/01/13/stop-creation-of-an-empty-file-from-file-adapter-using-module

You will get some idea..like how to read payload/incoming file in Adapter Module

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jhansi,

u define the parameters to send to a module in 'module configuration' (in module tab) by giving the key to identify the module for which u r giving giving the parameters.

for details refer this:

Adapter module

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/02706f11-0d01-0010-e5ae-ac2...

This is all u have to do

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8b/895e407aa4c44ce10000000a1550b0/content.htm

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3bdc14e1-0901-0010-b5a9-a01e29d7...

look thru this guide. it will tell you how to create a module and also how to set the parameters.