Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Grid Container - Export to file issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

There is an ALV Grid report which is accessed via portals. It uses METHOD grid1->SET_TABLE_FOR_FIRST_DISPLAY to display the ALV report. The problem with this report seems to be as an authorization issue. When I execute the report from the portals, I am able to export the report to a spreadsheet. But when one of the users clicks on the Export button, the sub menu has only four options (Send, Office, ABC Analys, Copy URL to Clipboard). But when I run it, I have all available options (Spreadsheet, Word processing, Local file, Send, Office, ABC Analys, XML Export, HTML Download, Copy URL to Clipboard). My first thoughts are the authorization issues, but not sure on the auth object. Any idea on this issue ?

Regards,

Ramesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Your thought is correct. It is the issue related to the Authorization. In portal each user is given some role. I expect that the other users are not given the role of exporting the report to a spreadsheet. Check with the Portal Administration to solve the issue.

I had the similer issue in my org. but i could solve it by assigning the roles to the other users.

rewards if useful.

Message was edited by:

sravan varanasi

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Your thought is correct. It is the issue related to the Authorization. In portal each user is given some role. I expect that the other users are not given the role of exporting the report to a spreadsheet. Check with the Portal Administration to solve the issue.

I had the similer issue in my org. but i could solve it by assigning the roles to the other users.

rewards if useful.

Message was edited by:

sravan varanasi

0 Kudos

Thank you Sravan...Is it possible to capture it using SU53