cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landscape-client

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guru s

I want to know about clients in landscape. I got a pretty good idea about different landscapes used in SAP. I want to know about clients. I read that about a landscape structure something like this

Sandbox (2 clients)

Configuration (3 clients)

Quality (1 client)

Production (1 client)

whats is the exact use of more than one client. please help out

Nami

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the case which u r telling in that

Sandbox have 2 client exanple 100 and 110 (this client does not create transport request only cross client trans req can be generated

config 3 client that is u have three clients say 200,210,220

one is golden client in which u have only confugration no transaction data

dev client in which u do the configuratin and check the transaction.

testing client in this u can upload some data and check ur development s again and do u unit and intregration testing

Qty 1 u have only one client say 300 in this u upload all the data and test once again after transporting request from developmet to qty

Product say 400, this is live client in this u have ur live (online data of the client )

client hear do day to day transaction

hope this helped

Reware if useful

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand ur question,the following are the answer.

1.Developement Server:Generally ( but it depends) have three clients , one is golden client ( no change can be made) and another is sandbox client ( where you will have ur trial for scenario's before going to configuration ,testing and then to production).3rd one is for Configuration client where you configure according to ur bussiness requirement and TR's are recoded and saved in a separate excel file.

2.Quality Server: Generally have two clients, one is for your consultants to test all the bussiness scenario's bfore training to ur customers.2nd client is training client where you train your customers.

3.Production Server:Generally have two client, one is pre-production(optional) where you test all business scenario's before go-live.2nd one is Production client where your customer business process transfer to SAP and Go-Live.

Note* All TR's generates in Configuration client trasfer to quality and production.

Hope the above will help and if helpful then reward.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Bijay

What you have said I too agree with that. But in my question its sandbox itself having 2 clients which we know as a client in development server. May be its a typing mistake from ver I found it.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sandbox can be 2 also.

1 can be given to SAP Supporting Vendor (company) and 2nd can be for their internal user i.e.for client SAP Functional Consultants.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, nami nair

what u mean by your reply to mr. Bijay. pl try to tell clearely. really i don't undersatand your statement. either u fully accept Mr. Bijay or u need some more details.

thanks.

Hi Mr Bijay

What you have said I too agree with that. But in my question its sandbox itself having 2 clients which we know as a client in development server. May be its a typing mistake from ver I found it.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr SaiManickss

Mr Ramesh has given me the answer which I need. I wanted know about the 2 clients in sandbox server which itself is a client in development server.

Regards