Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cache Refresh for Adapter Engine is not working

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

our adaper engine is not working. At RTW no there are no channels visible and the button "Test Cache Connectivity" leads to a yellow icon for the adapter engine with the error text: "Attempt to fetch cache data from Integration Directory not yet started or still in process".

The error reason is at <i>http://<j2ee host>:<port>/CPACache/history.jsp</i> available: <i>com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.exception.CPADirectoryCacheException: Couldn't open Directory URL (http://pixd1.digoff.no:55200/dir/hmi_cache_refresh_service/ext?method=CacheRefresh&mode=C&consumer=af.xd1.dat-dof-xi), due to: HTTP 403: Forbidden</i>

<b>The cache refreh request from adapter engine to directory gets an 403 error.</b> What is strange: No problem, to execute that request in a browser, i get the right message, no fault.

I searched for notes or other threads, i could find only <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bc_xi/~form/handler%7b5f4150503d3030323030363832353030303030303031393732265f4556454e543d444953504c4159265f4e4e554d3d373531383536%7d">SAP note 751856</a> , but it is valid for XI 3.0; we are on PI 7.0.

I checked out:

- no user blocked

- all system users have standard authorisations

- reimport of SAP BASIS SWC

- SICF services for XI active

- destination INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI working

Any idea, how i can get the adapter engine working?

Regards,

Udo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two ways to display the content of the CPA cache refresh.

1. The Cache-Update Content-XML

Document can be stored in the Adapter Framework database (J2EE schema) for further analysis. Here you have to set the property in the J2EE Visual Administrator tool.

To do so, proceed as follows:

=>J2EE-service SAP XI AF CPA Cache

=> set property trackCacheUpdateXML= true

=> You can now display the cache update XML with the alias CPACache

=> View Cache Update History

=> View Cache Update XML

2. The content of the cache refresh from the Integration Directory intothe CPA cache can be written to an XML file: Here you have to set the property inthe J2EE Visual Administrator tool:

=>J2EE-service SAP XI AF CPA Cache

=> set property J2EE service SAP XI AF CPA Cache cacheUpdateDebugFile = true

=> the CPA cache refresh XML file will be in the server(0) directory search for the following file names:

=> value of the property cacheUpdateDebugFile.deltaif you intend to see the delta refresh accordingly and the value of the property cacheUpdateDebugFile.full if

you intend to see the full cache refresh content

Note: After your analysis, do not forget to reset the properties value to false.

You can delete the XML cache-

refresh table: alias CPACache

=> View Cache Update History

=> Delete History

Also check out the user and its permission.

regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : Reward points if Helpful

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aashish,

the problem is not to see the Cache, i can get it without any problems by executing the request in a browser, the problem is that, if the adapter engine is requesting, it is getting error 403 and so cant get any directory data.

Regards,

Udo

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check out

- If you running behind some kind of firewall

- Check out if you are using with user XIAFUSER and its not locked. if not using XIAFUSER, use it and try to open it once again

- Make sure that the role is SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER assignend to component sap.com/com.sap.ci.directory*dir (Server>Services>Security Provider-->Components) role configure.

lets check if it helps

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : Reward points if helped

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

--->kindly revert back all changes...

Here i mean to say that if you have made any changes related to FQDN not in a right fashion that can be the cause of error..

and i think i have pointed in a right direction.

Rest i never said to restart the project again just said to revert back the changes because of which situation has arised.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udo,

If i am not wrong recently you have changed the domain name...because of that the issue has come...kindly revert back all changes...

Regards,

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

i cant redo changes which have done weeks ago. I m not the project manager. And i dont think we should adapt our targets if things are not running as we like.

>>>kindly revert back all changes

what a wonderful help, thank you. Hey, we can restart the whole project from the beginning (!).

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I am facing the same ssue (PI 7.1 though ) Were u able to resolve the issuw?? If so...how??

Regards,

Srvind R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check OSS Note 764176

There maybe some CIM assignments missing in the SLD.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

i implemented that note, unfortunately no success

Regards,

Udo