Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting the SAP password Programmatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Let me know, how to reset the password programmatically rather than <b>SU01</b> transaction.

Regards,

Ramki.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ramki

Please check:

SUSR_USER_CHANGE_PASSWORD_RFC

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Write a program that uses BDC for transaction SU3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

PP23 is the transaction to reset the password, No idea how to do it dynamically. Go to that transaction and see you may get some idea.

Reward if it helps,

Satish

Former Member

0 Kudos

Thanks for all your replies. I have written BDC using SU01 transaction. I could not able to set USR02-LTIME values dynammically.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Ramki.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Becuase it it stored the sytem time when ever you do tha changes .

so

give system tine to that field , when ever your BDC runs it will take sytem time ,

<b>USR02-LTIME = syst-uzeit.</b>

Regards ,

Girish

0 Kudos

Using BDC not able to set last logon time in USR02-LTIME table since its an structure field. Even su01 transaction is not updating LTIME column in USR02 Table. I have updated this field forcefully using normal abap statement. The problem is, if next time the user logs in using newly generated password, the system is not prompting "Change Password" screen.

Inputs are most welcome !!

Regards,

Ramki.

0 Kudos

Dear Ramki,

We should be resetting password with another login apart from what we are going to run. for Example.

You change password for USER1,USER2,USER3 with 'USER4'. then system will prompt for USER1 USER2 USER3 for changing password. IF you reset password yourself, system will not prompt for changing when we login next time.

*Regards,

Lijo Joseph

*Reward if useful